FS: E4OD, 4x4, automatic transmission and transfer case

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am selling this transmission because it came together with an engine I bought (I only need the engine). This came out of a 1993, with the factory turbo diesel engine (7.3). The truck that it was pulled from had just over 150k miles, but the previous owner told me that there was paper work in the glove box of this transmission being rebuilt (the body and frame were scrapped)....but I don't have any proof of that, but it has been painted blue and has new silicone on it. It was pulled from a 4x4 truck so it will also come with the transfer case. Please let me know if you have questions or would like to get this transmission.

Here is a link to my craigslist add with pictures. I am located in central Virginia for pick up.
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/5504979433

I am asking $500 for it, I would also trade this for a set of aluminum wheels (that I like) to fit my dually, 1989 F350.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gooooooooood deal.good luck with the sale.;Sweet
(and i love the Virginia's!)

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what years this will fit? I have a local guy interested and he is trying to figure out if it will fit his truck. He has a 96 powerstroke, and I think that will fit I just want to see if you all know a year range that this is a direct replacement for.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's a direct fitment for 1989-1993 (and '94 non power stroke) as is.

however it will also fit the 94-97 power stroke diesel engines as well,so long as two items are changed:
1.he needs to use the 6 stud diesel torque converter as the current 4 stud wont bolt up to his flexplate.
2.his solenoid pack will need to replace the early 89-94 pack that's in it now.this is also easily changed,as it's right there under the pan and held in with a few bolts and o-ring seal.

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's a direct fitment for 1989-1993 (and '94 non power stroke) as is.

however it will also fit the 94-97 power stroke diesel engines as well,so long as two items are changed:
1.he needs to use the 6 stud diesel torque converter as the current 4 stud wont bolt up to his flexplate.
2.his solenoid pack will need to replace the early 89-94 pack that's in it now.this is also easily changed,as it's right there under the pan and held in with a few bolts and o-ring seal.

Thanks for that. I could have sworn I took out more than 4 torque converter bolts though. I will have to check when I get home.

*also, he currently has a 2wd 96, I assume the solenoid pack in the 2wd is the same as the 4wd correct?*

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes the solenoid packs are the same between gas/diesel and 4wd/2wd.they are just year range specific (due to diode locations and electrical connector design)

so a 4wd trans can work in a 2wd truck,however he'll need to also install the t-case.
this is an upgrade,even if he doesn't install a front axle and front driveshaft he gains a set of low gears,which is handy for crawling around/backing up trailers and the like.

edit; of course a shorter rear drive shaft will be needed.

Last edited:

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to get rid of this. I had to move it out of my garage because we are finishing that space. It's now outside on a pallet.

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about $400? Does anyone want or need this? It's currently in my way, and would like to have it gone.

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd make an offer if you would throw it on a pallet and ship it.

I have a pending buyer. I'll let you know if it does not work out. It's already sitting on a pallet to keep it off the ground, but I would rather not deal with shipping it.