FS 1990 F350 turbo

oilhammer

Reaction score
I have this '90 F350, dually, 2WD Supercab I need to sell. XLT trim, automatic, 150k miles, Hypermax pulse turbo kit installed when new. Truck runs and drives decent, but needs some exhaust work. Rear axle seals are also leaking. Has 6 new tires, 2 new batteries, new vacuum pump, all new fluids, cold A/C, very reliable. Silver with gray interior.
You must be registered for see images attach

$3500, drive it home! please email me at [email protected] thank you.

oilhammer

Reaction score
Thanks, unfortunately it is just too much truck for me. I really don't need it. Can't find any buyer, though. :(

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI: that's a really nice truck, you just need to find the person who needs to pull a camper/trailer and you'll sell it. I think it's priced very fairly, I am assuming you have it posted locally on Craigslist, but if you don't I'd get it out there. The other thing you might want to do is head down to your local camper dealer and see if they might help you with a package deal for somebody who's looking for a good tow rig to go with their new potential camper.

Lastly: don't advertise that you're desperate to sell. As Wesley Snipes once said "A man should never act desperate. It's impractical."

oilhammer

Reaction score
It has been for sale for nearly 6 months now. So yeah, I guess I am getting desperate. Craigslist seems to have a lot of tire kicker morons, to be honest, but it has been there too. It needs a few things, and I'd much rather sell it to someone who appreciates it. I have a 187 acre place in the country, so a pickup is very useful, I just don't need a dually and I personally can't stand anything with only two pedals. If it were a 250 with a ZF, I'd keep it. Funny thing is, despite the slushbox and the 4.10 rear end and 7700 pound curb weight, this beast will still get 18 MPG on the highway at modest speeds. That's pretty close to what my half-ton 4.9L Fords got, and they were all manuals!

oilhammer

Reaction score
I sold a different car, probably going to end up keeping this truck. If someone shows up at my door with $3200 cash they can drive it away, but otherwise just gonna keep using it. It isn't the truck I really want, but I guess one that is paid for is better than one that isn't. Just wish it had 3 pedals. :(

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't fret over the two pedal issue. I came to love mine (after being a manual-only guy from age 16) if only because it made scarfing down cheeseburgers and coffee in morning traffic while running late for work that much more relaxing.

oilhammer

Reaction score
Well I don't daily drive this schoolbus, that would be silly (and the size of my ****** is fine). I drive a Volkswagen Golf every day, 100 miles a day. 455k miles so far, and it not only has 3 pedals, it still has its original gearbox AND clutch. My biggest issue is the liability... this truck has already had the transmission replaced, and it only has 153k miles. I work on cars for a living, and slushbox replacements are very common, and very expensive. I would imagine if I had to replace this E4OD tomorrow it would cost me about $2500, and that is with ME doing the labor. The fact that Ford no longer sells a pickup with a proper manual transmission means I won't ever buy a new truck again, and I can't afford the $35k it would take to buy a diesel Ram with 3 pedals (the only full size pickup left you can get that way). I had a chance to buy a nice '96 F150 4.9L/5sp but that got past me, since I could not seem to sell this one and my wife would murder me if I bought a second pickup... so I'll just keep this one for now, cross my fingers the slushbox holds together on the weekends when I use it, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll trip over something else in the future.