Wondering on Value of 1990 F250

Jon Sherrod

Reaction score
My father has given me the use of his 2000 F250 when I need it, so I have a 1990 F250 (with the non-turbo 7.3 IDI of course) that I am going to be selling and I was wondering what a reasonable value would be to ask for it.
Here is a brief description of it.
It is an extended cab 2wd. The interior is in pretty worn shape. it has an E40D automatic transmission. Body wise, it is a rough old truck. It lived its early life as a farm truck and was not taken care of. There are some dents in the body and rust holes above the wheel wells as well as rust in other places. The paint is very rough as well. It runs and drives. Starts up pretty good considering it has not been used much for the past several years. I believe that the one of the injectors has a problem because the engine has a vibration between 1000 and 1500 hundred rpms. I have run injector cleaner through the engine and it is better but still has a vibration. I know it is a parts truck or a beater up work truck with a usable engine (after some engine work) or a good candidate for a donor engine. I am in SW Missouri if that makes any difference as to value.
I would love to hear some suggested values for the old truck so I can hopefully pass it on for someone else to use rather than let it sit and rot away.

Last edited:

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Sounds a little rough, maybe put it up for $3,500 obo and get what you can. The rough body is less of a concern than the engine vibration. If you could fix that I think you could likely get $3,500-4,000 as due to a shortage of new and used trucks the prices are high right now.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Cab configuration, 4x4 Vs. 4x2, type of transmission, interior options will all make a difference in the value.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if it’s 4x4, manual, and more than a single cab I would say you’ll get more cash for it. If you’re rocking any of those I’d say closer to the 4K mark is what I would ask. If the engine was doing better or the body was in a better condition I wouldn’t be surprised if you could get 5K.