front tank dies

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still havent figured this out. I run my rear tank, because the front one dies on me shortly after using it, maybe .5miles or 3 miles. it sputters then dies. my rear tank doesnt at all. And it sucks because the front tank shows the fuel level, and the rear tank doesnt. I have also put more diesel in the front tank to make sure it wasnt low but it still dies. Any ideas?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you put plenty of fuel in it and it is still causing you problems, then I would think something is stopping it up. It would suck to pull the sending unit just to check but maybe that is what you need to do.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
has the front tank ever worked?
could you or someone else have switched the returnline and feed line while working on the tank?

I'd pull the line from the tank to the FSV and at least see if I could draw fuel up it. Also check if the vent line on top is any good, or plugged.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2. I'd go with that as a first step. If the fuel gauge does not register at all, that could be a sign that the FSV is not throwing all the way.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Mine had continuous issues similiar to that.

The issue I ended up having was with the FTSV and obstructions in the fuel line.

I would also recommend checking the to ensure that you have the lines connected properly.

I suggest removing the bed to do fuel tank work. But thats just me.

Thad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online