Fresh Reman Engine Ticking

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well this is GREAT NEWS...:thumbsup::thumbsup::hail Now we wont be taking things apart once again. Thats a sure way to wear out wrenches and threads. Nothing worse that a tool with a loose fit....:eek:
So in closing this down finally it has come down you you trusting a couple of shops to tell you things were ok when they clearly were not. Macine shop "missed" the oem weak valve springs so piston valve contact happened causing much trouble and sinking valves way more than they should have been. All due to weak springs.. Well not is well taken here. Now an injector was not correct after you had a shop test them. Sadly this tells me I need to be doing more work for others. Or at least recommending 2 other members of this great forum to inspect injectors. But in the end all is well and you have a nice rig with a powerful engine to enjoy finally. This entire post reminds me of wanting something so bad I could taste it. Makes for a good feeling when you finally get what you wanted....You truly earned this good news....;Sweet:thumbsup:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me its not a great loss that we lost delphi as a supplier, I have seen some new returns with not near enough miles on them look like they have 100k worth of wear.
I for one will not even be buying Delphi tips again for my remans.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this is GREAT NEWS...:thumbsup::thumbsup::hail Now we wont be taking things apart once again. Thats a sure way to wear out wrenches and threads. Nothing worse that a tool with a loose fit....:eek:
So in closing this down finally it has come down you you trusting a couple of shops to tell you things were ok when they clearly were not. Macine shop "missed" the oem weak valve springs so piston valve contact happened causing much trouble and sinking valves way more than they should have been. All due to weak springs.. Well not is well taken here. Now an injector was not correct after you had a shop test them. Sadly this tells me I need to be doing more work for others. Or at least recommending 2 other members of this great forum to inspect injectors. But in the end all is well and you have a nice rig with a powerful engine to enjoy finally. This entire post reminds me of wanting something so bad I could taste it. Makes for a good feeling when you finally get what you wanted....You truly earned this good news....;Sweet:thumbsup:

Gary, not to mention my problems with the lifters that, btw, were manufactured by Johnson hylift. Still trying to get my refund on them.
No problems with the sealed power lifters, rocker arms, & pushrods....knock on wood.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me its not a great loss that we lost delphi as a supplier, I have seen some new returns with not near enough miles on them look like they have 100k worth of wear.
I for one will not even be buying Delphi tips again for my remans.

Not too impressed with the famous Delphi BB's anymore either.
Sent you an email btw

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its really a sad day when a venerable manufacturer goes offshore or being made elsewhere. The quality slips. And we eat the cost of poor quality. Some of us recall the good old days when you counted on quality and honest work. Now its a yes I checked it and its fine. That right there sickens me. I'm not paying for guess work or any other type of half ass work. Sure wish I could have been there listening to this running engine. Things might have been different as far as the injector. You have had the runs on this rebuild and poor workmanship from a couple of shops. I hope you will list them in the Hall of Shame because its a shame you got used like this.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad it was something easy this time. You've had enough ******* this build.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot about the **** enginetech pushrods and lifters lol. Quality just isn't there with these expensive engine products and it really is a shame. You would think that QC would be top notch since these parts go inside of engines.
I'm better off throwing all of that crap away than returning it to the seller who will repack it and sell it to another poor b****d like myself & have nothing but problems.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow ,and johnson is one of the best, or used to be.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow ,and johnson is one of the best, or used to be.

That's what I have heard as well. I know for sure that one of the lifters was completely collapsed and wouldn't pump up with oil. Made one hell of a racket when running. One rocker was completely loose & no oil coming from pushrod so it was definitely bad. There were also a few rockers that were barely emitting oil from them which has me thinking more were bad.
I sent them back to the manufacture in Michigan last week for review. Had to do this before getting my refund back I guess. And of course I get a call from Johnson today stating that the UPS bag had a rip in it with tape over hole. Soooo, I lost 16 of the 17 lifters that were in there. Just my luck. Got a claim going with them now. The crap just keeps on flowing lol.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
UPS is now going to give you the finger I bet. Many years ago I needed to ship 2 water pump pully pats to Kansas. These parts were solid steel about 3 1/2 inch diameter and about 3/8 inch thick. I built a box from 3/8 plywood for the bottom, sides and ends with a divider inside so the 2 pieces did not bang together. The top was 1/4 inch plywood. This box was about 8 inches long and 1 1/4 thick. All nailed and glued together but the top. It was just nailed down. Somehow one end was damaged enough that the piece in there was lost. The post office did a search.. Yeah sure. I had insured this "package" for $200.00 because it was from my 1937 Cord water pump. Friggen post office gave me $100.00 because one of my parts got there...... The post office sucks for doing that crappy deal with me......

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPS is now going to give you the finger I bet. Many years ago I needed to ship 2 water pump pully pats to Kansas. These parts were solid steel about 3 1/2 inch diameter and about 3/8 inch thick. I built a box from 3/8 plywood for the bottom, sides and ends with a divider inside so the 2 pieces did not bang together. The top was 1/4 inch plywood. This box was about 8 inches long and 1 1/4 thick. All nailed and glued together but the top. It was just nailed down. Somehow one end was damaged enough that the piece in there was lost. The post office did a search.. Yeah sure. I had insured this "package" for $200.00 because it was from my 1937 Cord water pump. Friggen post office gave me $100.00 because one of my parts got there...... The post office sucks for doing that crappy deal with me......

Unfortunately, yes. They will probably give me the finger. And if that's the case, I would have been much more satisfied throwing them in the garbage.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you saw the way they handle packages, USPS anyway, you would be surprised anything actually makes it to it's destination in one piece.

I have purchased a "new" 6.5 injector from Autozone, taken it home and immediately pop tested it. It leaked worse than the one it was supposed to replace. A pop tester will save you a lot of money and frustration. Glad it was a simple fix !

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you saw the way they handle packages, USPS anyway, you would be surprised anything actually makes it to it's destination in one piece.

I have purchased a "new" 6.5 injector from Autozone, taken it home and immediately pop tested it. It leaked worse than the one it was supposed to replace. A pop tester will save you a lot of money and frustration. Glad it was a simple fix !

The bwd injector I bought from oreilly's this afternoon is complete **** right out of the box. Made in China of course. But it does work better than the Delphi that was causing the engine tick so I gotta give it some credit.
This is a temporary fix. I don't plan on running these injectors much longer. Russ hooked me up & will be sending me a set of matched stanadyne sticks soon. Can't wait to get them in and see how it runs.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A new set of matched injectors has a way of putting a new fresh smile on your face that's hard to remove. This is your only warning on this topic...:eek::D:angel:

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A new set of matched injectors has a way of putting a new fresh smile on your face that's hard to remove. This is your only warning on this topic...:eek::D:angel:

When I bought those Delphis years ago, I made sure to get them pop tested right out of the box. They were all within 100 psi of each other and had a good spray pattern so I ran em. Since then, 4 of them were rebuilt & all were pop tested 2x and they are still garbage. They sure didn't last long which has me concerned about the quality of their tips they use.
I am much more confident in the stanadyne injectors. We will see how well they perform with the baby moose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online