Fresh Reman Engine Ticking

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Cobalt bits are the s***! It's all I'll use on firearm receivers and anything else I'm worried about fuber-ing for that reason.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
carbide is superior!
you just gotta spend the 50 bucks a bit. lol
i use end mills on my receivers

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will hold the azzhole who kilt the coolant passage while you beat him silly!
Who posted rhe kryo/plasma bolt removal vid?

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will hold the azzhole who kilt the coolant passage while you beat him silly!
Who posted rhe kryo/plasma bolt removal vid?

Haha. Now that I think about it, I remember another OB member having the same exact problem with the ID plate rivet leaking. Must have been the same rebuilder that I bought my engine from. I remember it being that brass color that mine was. He had to drill & plug it up as well.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note, haven't driven truck yet. Been busy around house but plan on getting hood on & driving it soon.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a chance to drive truck for the first time after rebuild this afternoon. Ran great and drove her pretty easy compared to the last reman lol. Don't hear any unusual noises & has zero blowby. Thinking I'm going to get a few miles on her before I run in this engine. Drained oil after 30 minutes of run time & filled back up with new delo & filter.
I cut open the oil filter and did not see any metal shavings at all. Pleased with how it's running so far.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be getting the hood on soon. That's a 2 man job & waiting for my bro to come back from college to help me with that one. Still need to fix exhaust rattle but that'll be easy.
It should be buttoned up after that has been completed. Next on the list is paint job but won't get that done until later this year or possibly the following winter.
Been contemplating taking the truck on a camping trip we got planned for this August. 4 hr drive up in the Bridgeport area. That would be a good time to break engine in

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad your running well and no issues. Might want to put some miles on it before the August trip. Nothing worse than driving an untested engine of vacation and "find a problem".

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your running well and no issues. Might want to put some miles on it before the August trip. Nothing worse than driving an untested engine of vacation and "find a problem".

Most definitely. I plan on driving it at least 500 mi before even thinking about taking it camping.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove truck about 125 miles today. Everything seems to be functioning as it should & engine is running very well. For some reason, it seems to have more power than before which I am happy about. I had my moose pump turned down to a mini moose & couldn't be happier with it. No more gray haze at idle & obnoxious black smoke with anything above half throttle. Egts are much lower as well. Turning the pump down didn't seem to decrease performance either. So far so good! Going to run er for another 1k then switch to Schaffers 7000