Fresh fuel system......WOW!!!

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...so I'm a little excited. I got one of the pumps from Uhaul, and my cousin in Denver sent me new BB's he had lying around for free....wow...truck goes...

zooooommmmmmmm.......neeerrrrroooooooo......now... :sly:thumbsup::rotflmao

I was having a hard time getting over 2500 rpm's before....ya now she'll hit 3200 a little too easy. I'm going to have to relearn how to shift the truck :rotflmao

Ya I'm a little excited, sue me. I tore up my knee in the blizzard...so I'm happy to have something to get excited about....

Now I'm curious what a turbo would do....:rotflmao

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I got a baby moose and some new injectors last month. Man its like the restrictor plate is off! And for the first time ever I can blow black smoke. All she would ever do before is a puff of blue smoke after a high rpm 1,2,3rd acceleration.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...so I'm a little excited. I got one of the pumps from Uhaul, and my cousin in Denver sent me new BB's he had lying around for free....wow...truck goes...

I was having a hard time getting over 2500 rpm's before....ya now she'll hit 3200 a little too easy. I'm going to have to relearn how to shift the truck :rotflmao

Ya I'm a little excited, sue me. I tore up my knee in the blizzard...so I'm happy to have something to get excited about....

Well with a turbo you will need a real good jockstrap to keep it out of the steering wheel:eek::rotflmao:rotflmao

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
nice, i am thinking i need a pump now, my truck feels a bit lazy. i did change the injectors and it ran a little better but i could bearly tell the differance. maybe with the tax return.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is music to my ears -:D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the lost performance of your IDI.

Yup, if you like the fresh IP and injectors, you'll love a turbo.

Heath

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Enjoy the lost performance of your IDI.

Yup, if you like the fresh IP and injectors, you'll love a turbo.

Heath

You mean if you just put in a new IP and injectors, you cant afford a turbo.

I want a turbo as much as the next guy, but it seems like every time I do an upgrade (see boost, hydro), my truck rejects it like a failed organ transplant. Calvin said I had the worst time with the hydroboost he had ever seen. I could probably scrape up the money for one, but am really hesitant to do so because my engine, while in good shape, has 280k on her and I just know a turbo is going to cause me major headaches.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 280K I don't know if a turbo is a good idea or not. It's certainly not guaranteed to cause problems. My biggest worry would be about your head gaskets and exhaust valves. If it has a lot of blowby it will probably make that worse and hasten the demise of the engine. I added mine with 187,900 I think on the clock and to me that seemed like a lot of miles but I decided I wanted to keep the truck past the rebuild date and in the worst case scenario it would just mean doing that overhaul sooner. I had also at the time a relatively recent set of head gaskets (Jan '04 at 153,700) so I wasn't TOO worried about them, a little because that was the first automotive engine I had resealed and I was forced for financial considerations to reuse stock head bolts. Since it's my DD and I don't run crazy amounts of boost or EGT on it I figured I'd be ok or at least awhile. So far so good, 29,000 miles later, and I know this truck owes me nothing but I SURE hope I don't blow a headgasket anytime soon cause it would be bad timing.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh? Go for it. I just slapped a Banks Sidewinder on the crew cab (after adding new headgaskets and ARP studs) and it's got 322,000 on the clock.cookoo:D

Heath

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Well for right now I just plan on fixing all the little stuff thats driving me crazy. Right now its the daggone ignition breaking and installing the pushbutton. The next item on my list is to finally fix my fuel tanks so that A) I can fill up faster than the speed of smell, B) I have working fuel gauges and C) I can suck the last 8 gallons off the bottom of the tank.

But thats another post, another time

cowboy_crash

Reaction score
nice, i am thinking i need a pump now, my truck feels a bit lazy. i did change the injectors and it ran a little better but i could bearly tell the differance. maybe with the tax return.

Where and what brand injectors yall getting? i got a 1992 7.3IDI non turbo (fixing to be turboed, got a garret getting re-built:sly ) but im wanting to get some injectors, whats the price range on them?

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well mine were free, cousin in denver found a set of Delphi BB's on his shelf in the back .....and since he owns the part store and I'm the only one he knows with an idi...there you go.

I got a Uhaul pump for $200 and some change to the door.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk