Free

zx2

Reaction score
Well It's time to part ways with big Blue. 1986 CC, Dually.

It went down a few years ago and I have wanted to fix it but the reality is I haven't done it by now so it probably isn't getting done. Truck is complete with the exception that it will need at least a valve job (my best guess) to get it running and would really like the whole engine rebuild. The front end has some damage but I have driven it the way it is for a good four years. Has a new radiator. recent rubber, recent tranny redo (but it has a story that goes with it) I will keep the stereo amps and speakers It has a sleeper cab that was on it that i have in storage.

This thing ran until one day I came home from working and the next day it would not start. I needed a truck that day and went out and bought the best one my credit card could get that afternoon.

The deal is all or nothing. come and get it or I will have to send it to the junk yard. I need the driveway space.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't have to ask twice if you were on this side of the continent.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't have to ask twice if you were on this side of the continent.
there's some pretty serious hills to deal with out here if one is going to towbar that monster.:eek:
I'm on vacation right now, so checking out a company towtruck is out of the question-cuss

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4x4? What tranny? How about some photos?

I'd love to have a CC F350 4x4 in the '83-'86 body style. But, not going to tow it to Ky. How about pictures? How much to you want? Why do you think it's problem(s) are valve related. Did you take off the valve covers and seen something bad? I've got two 7.3 IDI's, a C6, and an E4OD sitting in Dad's shop if your motor/tranny are toast. What is the "Tranny Story" you mentioned??

Dude, we need pictures!!! :D

Heath

On Edit: Are you saying this truck is Free???? HOLY CRAP! I wish I was closer to you, I'd be on that like white on rice!

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just hit his link in his sig line....951 area code. north riverside county....damn.
that's needing a trailer. no flat tow from that neck of the woods. I can see CHP already....hmmmm.....power unit the same size of the towed unit....no aux brakes on the towed unit.....nice gnarally hills....nope you're not going anywhere:backoff

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in san diego, so a free truck would be nice when it has all the stuff on it that i am looking for. Also with a truck like this does it cost money to give it to the junkyard? Ive never dealt with anything like this so its pretty interesting to me. With summer coming up im about to have a lot more time on my hands.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
let's see 2 days out there 2 days back, 2,700 x 2= 5400 miles divide by 20mpg is 270 gal fuel 4 x 270 = $1080.00 so much for a free truck?

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in san diego, so a free truck would be nice when it has all the stuff on it that i am looking for. Also with a truck like this does it cost money to give it to the junkyard? .

Scrap prices may vary, but here that truck would bring around $550 in scrap metal.

I took in a 77 F-250 4x4 a few weeks ago and it brought about $650, but scrap was a little higher then.

To the original poster: You may want to rethink the "free" thing. Most likely someone will come and get it and haul it to the nearest scrap yard if you just give it away.

tractorman86

Reaction score
easy there roboto dont give anybody ideas!!!LOL
sure wish i could make a run over there! not that far but far enough.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn,wish it were closer!id be all over it for a parts truck for my 94 and 95.-cuss

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online