frame differences

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
okay guys,when ford changed body styles on the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks,you know from 80-86,87-91 and 92-97,did they change the frames also?
i need to find a plow for a 88 f-350 and it would be nice to know what frames fit what year without major mods.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd feel pretty comfortable suggesting that frames through 91 were all the same. I'm not sure I'd extend that to 97 though.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Snow Plow Frame!

If I read western's site right. According to them the frame for a conventional mount plow is the same from 80-96/97 for the F250-350 with the super cool setup for the diesels! The frame has a lower center section to allow for the larger radiator for the diesels! I was pretty lucky - when i found mine. I had been looking for a truck bracket for dog for quite awhile. Since I already had the plow, lights and hydraulics. Could not find one to save my "kaballchie"!
After 8 months or so - after the first winter of owning the truck - I found an entire conv. mount setup. plow and all for the old girl hanging on an old wreck by the road for sale about 20 minutes from the house. 8.5 Pro-plow. It was on an F350 w/ a 460 gasser - but, just so happened to be the diesel setup!!!!! WOW - What a lucky break! Anyway, if I read it right I think it should fit !???? Hope this helps! But, then again I've always been a western man!

Hoss.... ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are minor differences in the ends of the frame namely the front. 80-86 the bumper bolts directly to the frame, 87-91 uses bumper brackets. Not a huge difference, but it makes putting a 80-86 nose a little bit of a challenge on a 87-91

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
thanks for the info guys,if only i'd done some more research back when i was looking for the plow for the 92,i probably could have used the fisher setup from the old 84
hoss6.9,i like the 8 foot western plow i have,it works good in light to moderate snow,but when it comes to pushing the heavy snow around nothing can beat that old HEAVY fisher.thats the only problem with it,its so heavy even with three leaves in the front the bump stops where touching,that was with a 6 banger,couldnt imagine that baby hanging of the front of diesel :eek:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
there are minor differences in the ends of the frame namely the front. 80-86 the bumper bolts directly to the frame, 87-91 uses bumper brackets. Not a huge difference, but it makes putting a 80-86 nose a little bit of a challenge on a 87-91

EEK! Hmmm.... I shall see. 84' F-350 nose soon to go on an 87 Bronco frame. I haven't looked at the frame yet, but your probably right. I imagine nothing my welder and a drill won't fix. I've got that body lift problem anyway.