Found what my truck can't tow....

sootman73

Reaction score

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Think you could have backed the backhoe up a little more on the trailer and that way it put more weight on the tires of the trailer than on the back end of the truck

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotta cut it some slack, its only an f250, throw a couple of air lift helper springs in there and you should be goof to go :)

what is the total weight of the trailer/tractor combo?

sootman73

Reaction score
we do it at work all the time.(well used to....) it would have worked fine if i could have backed it up but the hoe had to set down to clear power lines and the tractor had to be all the way forward.

sootman73

Reaction score
gotta cut it some slack, its only an f250, throw a couple of air lift helper springs in there and you should be goof to go :)

what is the total weight of the trailer/tractor combo?

thats what i was thinking. if i had airbags then i would have been fine. actually if i would have been able to find a gooseneck trailer it would of probably been fine too. i only had to go 12 miles but it was through the city.

an estimate of weights is close to 27,000lbs.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I woulda backed the hoe a little farther over the trailer axles. it probably would have done it at that point. But i guess your truck is an F250 not a 350 so maybe it wouldnt have.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
The extenda-hoe 310E 4x4 weighs in at almost 18000 pounds. We had the identical machine a few years back and it was like 177XX pounds on the scale alone.

The truck you have is identical to mine and my truck full of fuel on both tanks weighs a little more than 7000 pounds on the scales....with me in it.

That tag, with my best guess about 5500-6500 pounds...

...I would guess that your total weight would be closer to the 30 000 pound mark....pretty impressive!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got way too much tongue weight there. Thats why it was prying the font wheels off the ground.

Air bags would help but it would have still been unsafe because of the weight distribution. F350s and F250s of this era have nearly identical rear suspension if we are talking SRW.

sootman73

Reaction score
yea i know i had too much tongue weight but i couldn't move the hoe back at all because then the boom would have been hanging off the back of the trailer and not been legal. i think it would have worked had i had the trailers from work because they are longer and you dont have to be tight to the front of the trailers.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
yea i know i had too much tongue weight but i couldn't move the hoe back at all because then the boom would have been hanging off the back of the trailer and not been legal.

And grossing 30K would have been? :dunno:rolleyes:

sootman73

Reaction score
:angel::angel:

well not obvious at least. it would have been worse to have a bucket dragging across asphalt:confused: