found the problem

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:shoot: :idiot: :kick:

The first engine died when BJ was actually driving it. The 2cd one we replaced before it completely died. It was still working. This last one was with me. So I guess we are about even. I would like to point out that the one BJ killed died on him completely- it just shut off as he was going down the road. When mine died I pulled it over and shut it off because I knew there was a problem. So there. LOL

:rotflmao Figured I'd take a beating fer my shmartazz remarks. Looks like a plan is coming together, hope all goes very well. Keep us posted.

Man did you all see the price difference between that first link and the Rhino link I could buy 2 turbo motors for the price of one at Rhino kinda makes you go hhmmmmmmm.

Oh yea, Rhino's proud of their stuff but if you think that's high go price a Jasper engine or if ya really wanna :puke: go down to the Ferd Stealership. Can't tell you Fords price for the IDI but they wanted $8k for a PSD complete (not installed either) and when I was checking injector prices they wanted $400 each for REMANS....New Aliant injectors are less and I got my reman injectors from Dave at Swamp's diesel performance for $1090 ($136.25 each) shipped overnight to my door. Work good too:D ;Sweet :peelout

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty then, I got more done this evening than I expected so we should be rolling out before noon for sure. This way we should miss the dang Atlanta traffic! :puke: Ticks me off that whenever we head down that way you have to always plan your trip around the traffic in Atlanta.
Anyway I've got a crapload of tools (thanks Joe), the wrench for the fan (thanks Travis), jacks and a bunch of misc other stuff. I'll check this one more time before we go so if there is anything else you can think of that you need me to grab just holler.
The kids are psyched to be visiting the Take Home Farm Zoo again, the rolling castle is hitched and ready to go so we'll see ya'll tomorrow evening! :thumbsup:

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty then, I got more done this evening than I expected so we should be rolling out before noon for sure. This way we should miss the dang Atlanta traffic! :puke: Ticks me off that whenever we head down that way you have to always plan your trip around the traffic in Atlanta.
Anyway I've got a crapload of tools (thanks Joe), the wrench for the fan (thanks Travis), jacks and a bunch of misc other stuff. I'll check this one more time before we go so if there is anything else you can think of that you need me to grab just holler.
The kids are psyched to be visiting the Take Home Farm Zoo again, the rolling castle is hitched and ready to go so we'll see ya'll tomorrow evening! :thumbsup:

When I see posts like this, I get all excited...makes me wanna grab a stack 'o tools, and jump in my rig and head out there....

This "get together" is just a bit too much of a drive though...
(2,843.48 miles, est. drive time 44hours, 4 mins)!!

Hope it all goes well for you all...

Zigg :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck all! I hope Peppermint is back smelling sweet soon. ;Sweet One thing about doing your own rebuild versus buying from the big boys.... you know it's done right, and you got no one else to blame. If it turns out, more pride than money can buy. :D

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Hell no!We don't want the Peppermint smelling sweet!That is an indication of burning antifreeze!But if it does that mean the title has fallen.Travis will no longer hold the record!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell no!We don't want the Peppermint smelling sweet!That is an indication of burning antifreeze!But if it does that mean the title has fallen.Travis will no longer hold the record!

That's not exactly a record I'd like to have and judging by the tone of Tanya's posts she doesn't want it either. Wasn't she gonna push it into the river if it broke again.:eek:

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not exactly a record I'd like to have and judging by the tone of Tanya's posts she doesn't want it either. Wasn't she gonna push it into the river if it broke again.:eek:

Yes I was... thank you for reminding me.... and apparently Jonathan can't get it thru his THICK SKULL that I'm not happy with this situation. cookoo

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Would float. Wooden block on the pedal would keep it up. LOL

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

I can relate Tanya... oh trust me I can relate...

But I didn't shove mine in the river I just sold it down south (like there is a difference - it just sits in a field rotting verse in water ;Poke)

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hee hee hee.What can I say,i am a pesty little PITA....payback for all the stuff about the E......Like the perdy little Trophy I got at the rally......

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel..... bite me.

Travis :rotflmao that was just wunnerful! ;Sweet

Eric has arrived safe and sound, and he and BJ are off getting the wrecker to unload the engine, and the engine should be arriving shortly as well.

I bought lots of beer for the guys today.... anyone else wanna swing by? LOL

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we have the motor sitting out in the yard. And cold refreshment in hand.
Going to get started in the morning. IF all goes well, Peppermint will be running tomarrow night. ;Really

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Tanya, Bj... I wish I could be there but several thousand miles and "thing" I'm told I need to do with our horses has me over the barrel again. I still have my motor in pieces so I know how you guys are feeling about now. I'm sure you will be up and running by Monday but watch for those little things like hoses or belts that seem to jump up at the last minute. Old Mr Bill showed me a trick when installing the motor. Leave off the rubber motor mounts till you have the motor connected to the bellhousing. That way all you have to do is match the motor to the bell housing. Then lift the motor up and install the motor mounts. Remember these trucks have a left and right motor mount and they are very close to being the same. They do have an "L" or "R" printed on them and they can be installed upside down which wont work because the motor sits too high then. When I installed my motor one of the 5 times I missed the mount holes on the drivers sid and had the mount in upside down. It looked lopsided. Just another problem with working alone and very tired. Good luck and keep us posted. We are all there with you in spirit....:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online