found the problem

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got the truck home and i started taking it apart. All who guest a valve would be the winners of the guessing game. number three cylinder ate the intake valve.:fan: :fan:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake? How about that. Usually it is the exhaust valve. I guessed the valves but it doesn't make me feel any better. I hurt with you ):

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
well,Like I told ya earlier today....One more and you have officially beat Travis!Anyone want to put money down on it?Will the famous record be broken?Granted,Your cheating by using all used engines but hey,Broke engines are Broke engines.....

As for the collateral damage...it ain't pretty.He sent me a picture of the under side of the VC.There was a ton of chunky stuff stuck to the underside and he said it felt gritty and sludgy.So my bets are the chunks are Pulverized piston that got blown though the oiling system cause it was from one end to the other and you could see clean spots where all 8 rockers were.

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pics

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Those are thumbnails, you can click for a bigger pic.

FT- thanks, I didn't think I could have felt more bad about this situation but you may have just proven me wrong. :rolleyes:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hey,don't feel bad.Feel Honored....Not many people can say they took a record from Travis.......Especially this one.Think of it this way.Atleast the truck decided to Keel over this close to home instead of one of those Oklahoma trips or other Far far away places....

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So can it be saved? Are yah still gonna have to buy another motor? I did my brakes on Friday in preparation of a road trip...waited alittle too long I'm afraid but that's another story...Anyway inquiring minds want to know!
And I guess congratulations on finding out what was going on; now you can move on to fixing her up!