found some fuel leaks today

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It turns out my fuel filter was dripping from the drain plug. I've never seen a 33417 filter do that lol. My second leak I found was the bleeder valve on the filter head. Does any one if a valve core a tire will work it fix it?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any tire schrader will fit the bleeder but how long it will work is another thing. Find an ac repair shop. They use peobably the same fittings or schrdaer valve.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a metal cap on mine to seal it. What's the purpose of that schrader there anyway?to help get it running on the assembly line?

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
It serves a couple of purposes one to test fuel pressure the other is if you run out of fuel or change the filter you have an easy way to prime the system.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It serves a couple of purposes one to test fuel pressure the other is if you run out of fuel or change the filter you have an easy way to prime the system.
Ive done both of those things and not had any trouble getting mine restarted with just the key.:eek:

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about putting a ball valve there. That way it will stop leaking and I can still bleed air out.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You wont find anything with the same threads in the filter head. But if you do please post the threads so others can do the same ball valve trick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk