For Sale: 1989 Ford Camper Van, 7.3 IDI, Hypermax, E4od

JwS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its between 16 and 19, I got 16 towing the trailer in the picture with about 3000lbs in it cross country, it will do a bit better empty, around 17+, I have seen 19 for a tank occasionally, but that was usually lower than highway speed, like cruising 45-50 on back roads.

JwS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dual tanks, they are i believe 18 and 19 gallons or something like that, Switch works fine, the front tank sender is flakey, the rear seems fine, I usually run them 200-250 miles and then switch and I haven't run them out when I do that.

1988diesel

Reaction score
Contact

Dual tanks, they are i believe 18 and 19 gallons or something like that, Switch works fine, the front tank sender is flakey, the rear seems fine, I usually run them 200-250 miles and then switch and I haven't run them out when I do that.

How many miles have you put on it in past 1-2 years?

How would you suggest I contact you to talk and get more information?

JwS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove it on an extended cross country trip in 2012, about 6k miles in 2 weeks, since then I have probably only logged a few thousand miles since then, a few short trips and then mostly local to tow the trailer to Home Depot or whatever.
I sent you a PM 1988Diesel

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
van looks like a no-go for me. biggest issue I have and it's not the van's fault, is that I'm a pretty good sized guy. the toilet/shower is going to be a mighty cramped experience for me.

JwS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am 6'4" and it is a bit tight, though useable, I was thinking of a remodel at one point to make it a bit more suited to my dimensions...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dual tanks, they are i believe 18 and 19 gallons or something like that
FWIW if they're factory tanks, the forward tank should be 18 gallons and the aft tank should be 22 gallons...assuming the outfitter didn't put different tanks in.

Not too bad looking...unfortunately, I don't have much of a use for something like that, but it should make a good rig for the right person. Good luck with the sale ;Sweet

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if this was 4WD, id be selling my first born.....
supprised its still avaliable!

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, really surprised this is still available!

For the larger chassis folk, unless you are living in this, even a cramped shower on a road trip or camping trip is a joy.

If you need some room to flail about once in awhile, truck stops have full showers for relatively cheap.

By no means minimizing the joy of a home sized roomy shower.... Just consider this an oversized foot rinse area?

Bump for a great bargain!

payableondeath6

Impressively Ugly
Reaction score
I'm interested as I'm only a couple months from PCSing across country but I need some way to strap the little ones in while on the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online