Fluxuating temp gauage problem

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
Hey guys hope this finds all well and trucks running good, now as for mine its running fine ;Sweet , however I have noticed the last few mornings when going to work that the temp gauage (idot gauage) has really been fluxuating up and down :confused: its about a 45-50 min. drive for me and 90% is freeway with the cruse set at 70 the needle will move (sometimes I see it moveing) between the "C" and that first line of the "NORMAL" range now the trans temp gauage is staying right about 125 (if that helps any) this afternoon comeing down the same freeway same speed just midafternoon and alittle warmer it seemed to run between that same first little line and the "N in the NORMAL" any ideas? just for reference the temp sending unit is almost new it was put in back in November, thanks

stay safe out there
Roy :draw

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
FiredudeL4 said:
Hey guys hope this finds all well and trucks running good, now as for mine its running fine ;Sweet , however I have noticed the last few mornings when going to work that the temp gauage (idot gauage) has really been fluxuating up and down :confused: its about a 45-50 min. drive for me and 90% is freeway with the cruse set at 70 the needle will move (sometimes I see it moveing) between the "C" and that first line of the "NORMAL" range now the trans temp gauage is staying right about 125 (if that helps any) this afternoon comeing down the same freeway same speed just midafternoon and alittle warmer it seemed to run between that same first little line and the "N in the NORMAL" any ideas? just for reference the temp sending unit is almost new it was put in back in November, thanks

stay safe out there
Roy :draw
Bad sender maybe? Posibly a bad thermostat. Usually the idiot guage will go alittle higher than that when working rite. Another option is to get rid of the idiot guage and get a real guage and really know what the temp is ;Sweet
Ken

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
I was thinking possibly sending unit also, however like I said the sending unit and t-sat were both replaced back in Nov.

stay safe out there
Roy

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I hate to come across as a pesimist but just cuz you changed em does not mean they are any good! I don't have too much faith in parts anymore -Down
Ken