flatbed

crazyredneck

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can take a flatbed off of a 99 and put it on my 93 without major modifications? As in are the frames the same width? I wouldn't mind having to movethe mounts a little to make it fit correctly. I found one fairly cheap and just wanted to make sure it will work before I pull the trigger.

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be no. Not without making a bunch of modifications. The super duty frames are completely different than what's under these older trucks.
But then again I've never tried it so Idk. I just work at a collision shop and have seen both frames up close and personal, and they are 2 different animals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
I sold a utility bed to a 99+ guy that came from a 91. It looked great installed

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

crazyredneck

Reaction score
I'm confident enough in my welding abilities to change brackets if need to fit. I was more curious about the frame widths for bracket and time compared to cost.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Pickups are still 34" wide. Cab n chassis is 30" wide. I know the oem beds dovetail slightly on 99+ but the frames are straight

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Proves me wrong haha. Glad someone else commented that has first hand knowledge of that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

crazyredneck

Reaction score
This is why I love this forum. Everyone with knowledge is willing to help out with the questions without harassing the guy like me that are not as knowledgeable. Thank you very much.

crewd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pickups are still 34" wide. Cab n chassis is 30" wide. I know the oem beds dovetail slightly on 99+ but the frames are straight

I don't think that's right. Trucks are ~37.5" and straight chassis are 34". (I measured a 95 F350 and 2000 F550)

I'm in the middle of such a swap myself. Pulled an 8' flatbed of a 99+ truck and am putting it on my 95. Both frames are close to 37.5" wide. The bed I pulled off a superduty had two welded brackets that would go where the bumper would bolt to the frame. The front of the bed had long ubolts to clamp to frame.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any aftermarket bed is typically "universal" measure the frame width if its the same it will fit. also see if the bed has flat rails. usually they are made to fit the frame with wood, or another filler. you would just need to make a new filler peice to work for your truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance