Five Year Old NAPA Batteries

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
I just replaced my batteries yesterday. Starting to spin a bit too slow. Started this summer actually. I put the NAPA Legend 75 batteries in October '03 and after five years replaced them with another set of the same. I'm thinking that's pretty good battery life. I don't know if anyone else has had good luck with NAPA batteries but I was impressed. I do live in north Idaho so we get cold weather and at school I don't have a plug in for the block heater. These are part number 7565 and are 850 CCA. They are $95 each but I do get a discount through my school district being a teacher and all. So two batteries the anti-corrosion washers and two Bosch wiper blades were $199.87. I didn't feel too bad about that so I went to Cabela's afterward and bought a new pair of hunting pac boots.;Sweet

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must have got a couple good ones. We had terrible luck with them at work. Yoou may also get cold climate batteries there, I was told once there is a difference.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Where you are in Oregon, doesn't it get cold? I wouldn't think They would make a warm weather battery but who knows?

smoking89IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a motorcraft battery in my moms '92 Taurus wagon 3.8L, we bought the biggest battery that would fit in the compartment, it was a 1100CCA when stock calls for 500-600 that battry lasted for 8 years and the only reason we had to replace it was the alternator fried to full field and overcharged the battery and boiled it damn near dry ruining it.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
My dad's used the Legend 75's for years and I like using them as well but the last two trucks I bought had new batteries in them. One had Walmart batteries in it, and they lasted about 2 months and I couldnt get anything out of them.
We usually run our 75's for about 7-8 years.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
My dad's used the Legend 75's for years and I like using them as well but the last two trucks I bought had new batteries in them. One had Walmart batteries in it, and they lasted about 2 months and I couldnt get anything out of them.
We usually run our 75's for about 7-8 years.

That's good to hear. If these last as long or close to it then I don't see much reason to change. My dad put AC Delcos in his '02 PSD. I think they were a bit spendier and I'm not sure they perform any better since his compression ratio is lower than ours. Time will tell. I'm happy the last set of 75s so we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online