First ever dyno run

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Last weekend I went to the Dyno day at Twisted Innovations in Ashtabula OH.
I wanted to get a base line number on where the truck stand now before the fun starts. Made 226hp 404 Ft/lb torque. I have some injector issue that will need to be looked into, but at 166,000 miles I guess a rebuild on then isn't too unreasonable. While I did make the lowest numbers of the day(7 trucks total) I got many compliments on my truck. Here's a few pics of my truck and also Nick's(doublesdiesel) 96 CC with the stacks. Nick will have to give his numbers. short video of my run

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 7
  • nick3.jpg
    nick3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
I've been tempted to dyno my truck just for S&G's
I doubt I'd startle anyone with big numbers but she sure does tow good :)

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I'm not power hungry, just want it to run correctly. Needs to at least out run my IDI

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You gonna stick with stock sticks or go for bigger ones. It would be interesting to see what she does with all the stockers working then start turning up from there so that you can see if your money was well spent...

Some day I'll get the goat on the rollers to see what she's putting out just for SG's

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis,

The stock squirters, irregardless of how hot the tuning is, are only good for about 50 extra ponies. IMHO, thats about where Russ is right now. My two centavos would be @ 165K miles, just upgrade to Stg I's at a minimum but since youre gonna go thru the work, drop a set of II's in it. You'll never regret it.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just go stage 2s.most everybody includeing myself that went with stage 1s ended up regretting it or upgradeing again to stage 2s.give ryan at www.beansdieselperformance.com a call and he will set you up with everything you need includeing top notch customer service!!! ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I cant really say I regret my Stg I's, I love every CC of them to be honest, but considering the Stg II's dont consume any more oil to run, I do wish I had them. But the bang for the buck on the Stg I's is excellent!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GRuss said:
How do you guys feel about Swamps?
I dont have any first hand experience with Jonathans work, I run Ryans injectors. However, Jonathon hasnt been in business this long by selling an inferior product. If you are considering upgrading injectors I would really recommend calling BOTH of them and forming your own opinion based on the info you get from both guys.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
FWIW I have babys in the CC, actually they were in my super cab and I pulled them out and put in the CC.
would like to got with stage 2 and sell these babys, but then again with the babys, and jodys chip it ran 329, 605 at the wheels, not too shabby for 245K.
Nick