Finally Started Truck after IP/Injector Install

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you've swapped injectors, and the knock stays with the cylinder and doesn't follow the injector. Interesting. If the knock is related to the fuel injection system, it would be because either the injector is leaking (which alters the timing) or because the line is leaking (same thing). Since you say it idles rough, we know this to be a power stroke issue (no smart a$$ comments here, I'm talking about 1 of the 4 cycles :backoff ), and the fact that loosening the line stops the noise, indicates that combustion is taking place. Does the engine run smoother when you crack the nut? I wouldn't doubt it does. Since the problem only started when you changed the IP and injectors, it would seem foolish to suggest it is still anything but those components. However, I'm at a loss as to suggest anything that hasn't already been covered. I would swap the injector out completely, with one of your old ones (if you still have them) or obtain another and try it. If that doesn't work, replace the line. If you didn't screw up the firing order, and it's not leaking fuel, then it HAS to work!

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Sending pump and injectors back. Ken said it is possible fuel delivery valve is sticking in pump.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Well I finally got my pump and injectors back from Ken last Friday. 8 weeks from the day I shipped it!

Time to finish the turbo install!

Man! Alot has happened here while I was away!

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Hello Guys! I'm back and ready to finish my truck. It has been about a month and a half since I was able to work on the truck.

Life got in the way and the truck took low priority. That's sad to say, but true!

I installed the IP and inj. I got back from Ken. They are my originals I sent to Ken after a suspected bad Turbo-cal IP I got from him. I finished my turbo install and got the truck fired up. The fuel knock discussed earlier in this thread is gone. I think this confirms my suspicions of a bad IP. Timing in the pump bad?? Maybe too much fuel on #7 cylinder from IP?? I don't know for sure, but the problem is solved and she runs smooth now!!

I have some more work such as transmission shift kit, IC piping to be installed, gauges and some small odds and ends to do, but I'm almost there!

It is good to be back and I hope I can contribute what I have learned during this ordeal!

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that the truck is back to running, and smooth to boot. ;Sweet :D
It sure was an ordeal to get it back together (8 weeks from Ken cookoo ) along with your other obilgations.
Let us know what other items you learned from this adventure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online