Finally Got My Heads Back

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
After three weeks at the machine shop, I finally got my heads back today. I had them put in all new guides. They also found bad and replaced all 8 exhaust valves and all 16 springs checked bad. Hopefully this will fix the stuck valve/woofing coming from the exhaust and low(?) compression on one cylinder. Now to start the reassembly process. :thumbsup:

Tom

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
When I talked to my old machine shop boss, he said the guides were worn in about all of these he had worked on.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
sle2115 said:
When I talked to my old machine shop boss, he said the guides were worn in about all of these he had worked on.

That's what I've heard as well. So when I dropped them off I told him I wanted all new guides and replace the rest as needed. Heads go back on Monday hopefully. Been doing some housekeeping on the engine compartment and every component that came off the engine is getting replaced or cleaned, stripped, and refinished. Even ordered a new IP from DIS yesterday. I have before and in-progress pics. After re-assembly I'll get after pics and figure out how to post them. ;Sweet

Tom

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Looking forward to the Pics Tom. Let me know if you need any help getting them posted. Sounds like a fun project...