FINALLY fired the truck up today!

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After bleeding the lines it fired right up ! It idles smooth, but doesn't rev very smooth. It will rev up if you give it throttle slowly though, and you can really hear the turbo !! It probably still has air in the lines and needs to be timed (?) . The transmission seems to engage properly, but the linkage needs to be adjusted. The catch can works perfect but I need to run it behind the cab ..it's routed near the driver - side battery and I'm sure it will be smelly.

Hmm, what else ..... YAY!

Thank you guys for all of the help !!!

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember where I came across it, but the guy used a HF air compressor filter . That's what I used, and it's pretty neat! I'm going to pick up coolant today so I can let it fully warm up, hopefully everything goes well :D

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the catch can incase anyone wants to copy it...

It's a Harbor Freight air compressor filter
( 1 ) 1/2" thread - 3/4" barb
( 1 ) 1/2" thread - 3/4"barb 90*
3/4 hose
K&N breather

It is suppose to have steel wool in the canister but I forgot to put it in for the pics.

The truck is running better and better the more it runs. I have been afraid to let it run too long though as the temp gauge doesn't seem to be reading anything. The thermostat hasn't opened, so maybe it just wasn't warmed up yet.. The high idle solenoid kicked off though :confused: . I need to get a mechanical gauge .. The trans is taking more fluid than I thought it would ( 12 quarts so far ) and it is leaking slightly at the filter head, so I need to seal that better.

Every one of my IDI's have impressed me with how fast they started, but this one is definitely the best. The starter BARELY engages and it fires right up! :D:D:D:D

I'm going to do more testing tomorrow and monitor it with a temp gun, hopefully take it for a spin.;Sweet

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 101

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like an inline air tool oiler

I originally picked one of those off the shelf, but saw that it was $27 and put it back. Right next to it was this one for half the price and it was a better fit. I believe it said it was a filter, and it had a filter inside that I removed. I will double check.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was about to mess with the timing because it really lacked power . I decided to check for anything that could be binding .. The front calipers were frozen and the tires would barely spin LOL .

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was about to mess with the timing because it really lacked power . I decided to check for anything that could be binding .. The front calipers were frozen and the tires would barely spin LOL .

Whoops!LOL

Glad is was something simple. Man, I'm glad to hear you've got your truck up and running again. I know you had some hard times with it and you've got to be stoked that it's back on the road.

Heath

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops!LOL

Glad is was something simple. Man, I'm glad to hear you've got your truck up and running again. I know you had some hard times with it and you've got to be stoked that it's back on the road.

Heath

Thanks! Yea, I have been through quite a bit with it, but hearing it fire up put a huge grin on my face and made me forget about all of the money and work it has taken. Now if I can figure out this brake problem we will be good to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online