Finally blew it up......

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I dunno Ron. What are the wives gonna think? After all, it is a girl we are talking about. LOL We best fix it before they meet her. cookoo Sam, if this deal goes south, Ron and I might be the ones who need serviced. LOL

And mabye a place to sleep too. :eek:

:sly

Aw, I bet Sam can *ugly down* enough so the spousal units won't get too upset... on second thought, I don't think that's possible, Might as well just tell Rover to make some room :rotflmao

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I dunno Ron. What are the wives gonna think? After all, it is a girl we are talking about. LOL We best fix it before they meet her. cookoo Sam, if this deal goes south, Ron and I might be the ones who need serviced. LOL

And mabye a place to sleep too. :eek:

:sly

:D

All I have to do is say I'm off to go help fix a truck and I'm in the clear.;Sweet

But with your repotoire of campground streaking I'd be worried.LOL

Riiiiight!

Last edited:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheesh, I used to wonder why there weren't more women on forums like this. Then I read some comments like of the preceeding half dozen posts.;Really

Then all becomes clear (again).:rotflmao

You guys kill me, but I do think Sam would be in good hands. I would offer to help, but being on the other corner of the continent would make that impractical.

pmelah

Reaction score
if they would just move south fer the winter they would not have to be cooped up 9 months out of the year and could avoid the cabin fever:puke:and if your worried you'll miss the snow:hail we get that here to about once every blue blue moon if its that bad you can go north every other week and get your fill ;Sweet

I do like dysfunctional families :thumbsup:they are so much fun to hang with cookoo:sly;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
The snow just melted in them YANKEE states. Cabin fever!:rotflmao:rotflmao

Just last week as a matter of fact........ Or so it seems.

Now it's in the 80's.cookoo

david85 said:
Sheesh, I used to wonder why there weren't more women on forums like this. Then I read some comments like of the preceeding half dozen posts.

Then all becomes clear (again).

You guys kill me, but I do think Sam would be in good hands. I would offer to help, but being on the other corner of the continent would make that impractical.

LOL
Tis all talk. Now pulling a few wrenches????? That's a different story.;Sweet

I enjoy my downtime with the family and friends as much as I do wrenching.
It's satisfying to tackle a project and defeat it.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4X4TruckinGirl Don't tell me you haven't got that truck home yet. PM me if you haven't and I'll come down and take it to where ever you want it next week . Cackler is too far away, but a very nice jesture Chuck.
I've got a winch on my GN 25 ft deck over. Hey I can haul that little thing (truck) of yours no problem.

Edit: Sorry Chuck, didn't see your other post, read page 6 1st. Look in the LOUNGE Pg.11 02/03/09 with those tires me thinks it will be to wide for your trailer. When you coming up this way?
If I go get it for her might even fix it. Will take tools and hoist.

You must be registered for see images

Hey Sam: Need an answer soon, if you want me to get your truck. :dunno

Loaned my Black Knight truck to my nephew, and the tranny blew the front seal. Gotta go up to Emmett Michigan and get it . :mad:

All those above risque comments. No fear of me, just an old cogger of 80+ .;Really

Need a name for that chocolate horse you rescued ? How about Choco Bar ?

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23680&d=1234657862

Bill

Last edited:

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Phew guys..... i'm sorry I haven't been on here in ages..... work strikes again, been getting hay up and working the regular job till 8 at night, lol!!!

Mello got sold.... 2 summers ago I'm thinkin, fella in florida bought it and loved it, lived bout 10 minutes away from my house down there....

ya'll are the best fer sure, I can't say how much I appreciate all the offers of help! I'm gunna go borrow a flatbed today or tomorrow and get it back to my house this weekend, no, I haven't had time to do that yet, lol...... The other plan is to flatbed it to the rally, of course I feel guilty doing that cause I know ya'll are gunna help fix it.... I do love the truck, it's just killin me, cause even when I fix the turbo/motor (i think ya'll are right bout it being the vp gromett) I need to do the slave cylinder/clutch/tranny deal as well.

And lastly.... ya'll do need to get outta the house more often, hahahahhaa.... jk.... if'n i'm really gunna get anyone in trouble then no sense in catchin' hell for 2 months in all honesty, hahaha.....

again, i really appreciate it!!!!!! i'll be on here checkin things out more often over the weekend here!!!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Geeze Sam, I leave for a few months and you go off and blow your truck up! Wow. Didn't you just put that VP grommet in there? I thought I remember sending you to a guy to buy a new one?
Im in the same boat as you. Both of my trucks are blown with dropped valves, so I've been catching rides with my bro all year so far. That's probably not going to change any time soon either. Im planning on putting up a shop building this year and I don't have the money to throw a couple thousand more into rebuilding either of the engines. Oh well, patience is a virtue I guess.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam, I like the idea much better of getting a T18/19 and a splitter of some sort to go behind it. ZFs are so danged expensive and yours sounds like it could use some work. I bet you could get a T18/19 very cheap if you know where to look.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
And lastly.... ya'll do need to get outta the house more often, hahahahhaa.... jk.... if'n i'm really gunna get anyone in trouble then no sense in catchin' hell for 2 months in all honesty, hahaha.....

All joshin' aside, don't go to feeling too privileged . Most of us around here stay in trouble with our wives for runnin' off all the time to fix our buddy's trucks. You're just one of the gang :thumbsup:

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam, I like the idea much better of getting a T18/19 and a splitter of some sort to go behind it. ZFs are so danged expensive and yours sounds like it could use some work. I bet you could get a T18/19 very cheap if you know where to look.

I have a lot more confidence in the T18/19 than any ZF5/6 junk.

In all my years, I never seen or knew of a T18/19 having a catastrophic failure; on the other hand, I can't count the times I have read/heard/witnessed truck-stranding breakdowns of the ZF- transmissions.

The only thing a ZF-has over the T18/19 is the over-drive fifth-gear.(or sixth).

Sad to say, but ALL of the light-truck over-drive transmissions are more or less prone to mechanical failures and premature death and are not near so strong as the old school 4-speeds; this holds true whether Ford, GM, or Dodge.

Many of the Cummins crowd have retrofitted medium-truck 5-, 6-, and 7-speeds that are :backoffbull-stout with good results, and usually for less total investment that replacing the smaller inferior unit. ;Sweet

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Geeze Sam, I leave for a few months and you go off and blow your truck up! Wow. Didn't you just put that VP grommet in there? I thought I remember sending you to a guy to buy a new one?
Im in the same boat as you. Both of my trucks are blown with dropped valves, so I've been catching rides with my bro all year so far. That's probably not going to change any time soon either. Im planning on putting up a shop building this year and I don't have the money to throw a couple thousand more into rebuilding either of the engines. Oh well, patience is a virtue I guess.

see you remember me replacing the VP grommet, but it was last summer, in august I think.......

we'll see what happens here with this thing...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
All joshin' aside, don't go to feeling too privileged . Most of us around here stay in trouble with our wives for runnin' off all the time to fix our buddy's trucks. You're just one of the gang :thumbsup:

Agreed!

Karen has finally accepted that fact that I'm gonna pull a wrench or two somewhere and have already prepped her for the festivities for the week.;Sweet

4x4TruckinGirl said:
And lastly.... ya'll do need to get outta the house more often, hahahahhaa....

I do get out.........................

Right out to the shop, my second home that is.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online