fan clutch thought

swuchase1

Reaction score
dose anyone know if you can use the fan and clutch from PSD? I noticed they are plastic got me to thinkin maybe have a lower temp to kick in i do not know so I am asking the IDI GODS for some info Thanks in advance.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope... They wont work on our motors. The psd fan turns the opposite direction but... Maybe you could flip it over with some lite machining work...:dunno

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was always a better idea to take the clutch off and get a spacer from autozone or whatever so it turns all the time.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the Thermo spring in the center of the fan. Can be clogged with greasy dirt. Wash it out with brake cleaner, helps like hell.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I didn't think you were being a smart u no what...:D No offence taken by me at all. About the spring... If they appear dirty then the seal is failing allowing the fluid to leak out. Your on borrowed time. That spring can be "modified" by changing the tension. You remove it and bend another section in it. How much I don't know but typ4 russ knows. Most stock ford fan clutches wont lock up till well past 220 degrees. The expensive MS Tech clutch locks up at 210 to 220 and pulls ******* the air. You will know it by the roar of the air being pulled thru the radiator. Almost sounds like the motor is running faster than it should. When I climb hills and the temp starts climbing I can see and hear the fan lock up. The higher up the hill I pull the lower my temp goes and you hear the air roaring ...:sly

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
a cheap fix if you need your fan is to bolt ad pin the fan clutch solid, they are an expensive item in these trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle