Fan CFM?

Dambnicetruck

DAMBNICETRUCK
Reaction score
I got a tough one, maybe. Tough for all my buddies anyway. I have the 94 7.3L Factory Turbo. I need to know how many CFM's the fan pulls at max output. Resone being is I have found some highperformance 16" electric fans that put out HUGE CFM's. I hope to use one instead of the belt driven, or use both and hope the belt one stays off most of the time. I know I have looked into this before, with no success, and everyone says electric fans can't do it, but these fans put out 4000 to 5000 CFM's, and standing infront of one, it literally blew me off my feet, and tore my coat. I think it can handle the job, but I want to be sure I'm getting enough air. I called ford, and they didn't have a clue. Sure could use a math wiz. Thanks in advance.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shocked:

How many amps do those fans pull?!?

Sounds like a nice way to keep the a/c condenser cool while sitting in traffic...I don't know if they'll equal or exceed the engine-driven fan, though...and, if they do, would they put enough strain on the alternator that you'd lose just as much power?

I'll admit to being of the mindset if "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" regarding the engine-driven fan...but having an electric fan in front of the a/c condenser does seem like a good idea (sort of like what M-B did from the factory), just to keep the a/c happy at low vehicle speeds...

Sorry I couldn't help more; no clue what CFM's the stock fans put out.

Good luck either way!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist