catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red Circled area is where I anticipate an exhaust leak. Starting to wish I'd never bought this thing.

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im sorry to say that I ran a snag on the bolts there 8mm-1.25 thread X25mm long sorry I goofed :dunno

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time I ever posted a picture, so it doesn't surprise me if they don't work. However, when I pull up this thread, they work for me??? I sent two pictures....
No, problem with the bolts I can return them. Most of the remaining parts arrived yesterday (gauge pod, thermo couple, 3" stainless flange & V-band). Should have enough to start this weekend. I'll start by dismantling the housing and welding the new flange in place.

Also, I mentioned earlier "starting to wish I never bought this thing", that statement is driven by the fact that I'll have nearly the same amount of $money in this used turbo vs buying a completely new Banks 21064 kit ($2400.00). Yes, it will be kinda cool to open the hood and see FORD TURBO, however new vs used, there's no comparison in my book! I'd rather start with everything NEW!

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is correct, that there is no gasket on the wastegate housing. And when you guys are welding, keep in mind, that while a total seal is always ideal, minor imperfections will self correct. Soot will eventually do the job of sealing, so while you may experience a little exhaust smell in the cab initially, for the large part, it will eventually go away.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the size for the exhaust manifold studs? Does ARP offer them in stainless? Can any one other than myself see the pictures I attached?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to this thread I just remembered my crossover pipe flange rotted on one side. Took off old bolts to put in new 2 peice flange and 1 stud snapped...hanging by a stud now but I will be changing Dp and passenger side ex. Manifold. Would Napa have studs? the new one never came with it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online