Facet Pump and filter relocation

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been tossing this idea around for a while and want some feedback. I'm going to put a Facet lift pump on the truck as one of my next projects and while I was at it was going to relocate the fuel filter and water sep. My main purpose for moving the filter is so I can fab up a new intake and get rid of the factory airbox that is pretty much just in the way. What I was thinking is putting the fuel filter, water sep., and pump all together on a bracket and mounting it somewhere under the truck. Has anyone else done this or something similar?

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see our generations of trucks at the yard with aftermarket filters on them with decent frequency. I have heard excellent things about the Goldenrod filter/water separator combo units, which you can bolt wherever you so desire.

gandalf

Reaction score
I have a Facet pump and a Goldenrod filter mounted on the frame rail. The facet pump has a filter, of sorts, and of course the Goldenrod is a much better filter and water separator. They feed into the stock fuel filter. I've had no problems with this setup.

If I understand your post correctly, you're thinking of eliminating the stock fuel filter. I think that might be problematic. It has a return line on it, and at least one sensor. I've had no problem leaving it in place and running the fuel through it for a final cleaning.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the sensors are disconnected on mine so I know that won't be a problem. I think the return line on the stock filter is for the overflow that the lift pump is pulling from the tank so that is easy enough to reroute IMO. I guess the question is, am I making my life easier or harder if I go to this setup? Also is there a filter that screws on the factory location that does away with the bottom cap?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314