f350 rear winch bumper?

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Looks like a pullin machine to me!"

Should be... I call it my 150 feet worth of Chevy rescue plan! ahahah :)

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Damn straight! What winch you runnin? I wouldnt mind gettin one for mine. My dad has one on his 16ft tandem flat bed trailer. Its a warn 9000lb i beleive. He is a tractor mechanic and comes in handy pullin dead tractors.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Never seen somethin like that. Looks expensive! I bet you can make it though. My winch system would be put my atv in the back of my truck and tie it down. Then use the winch on it to pull somethin on my trailer haha. Thats my winch set up!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, any more pics from underneath? Did you have to ditch the spare tire and/or modify the rear fuel tank any?

Not in a financial position to do anything at the moment, but I've always wanted a "hidden" rear-mount winch...and that setup seems perfect from the pics I've seen ;Sweet

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The house movers that moved my home a few years ago had a simple 180* set up that you might be able to do after a fashion. One of their trucks had a short boom and they put about a 5 inch snatch block on one of the hitch hole and ran the cable from the boom down through the block and off it went to the side.

While your fabricating put a small receiver boom(about a foot or so long) above the winch that is removable and use a block off of your receiver hitch down below. That should give you a 180* pull. Just a thought. Good luck with your project.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, any more pics from underneath? Did you have to ditch the spare tire and/or modify the rear fuel tank any?

Not in a financial position to do anything at the moment, but I've always wanted a "hidden" rear-mount winch...and that setup seems perfect from the pics I've seen

I did have to ditch the spare tire assembly, there was not even close to enough room to keep it. The fuel tank and skid plates are stock un modified, i just tucked it up as far as it would go leaving them in place. If you look carefully in the pic 0025 you will see that it has the winch body touching the fuel tank skid plate at the very top, yeah its big.

Attachments

• CIMG0020.jpg
    CIMG0020.jpg
    886.6 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG0015.jpg
    CIMG0015.jpg
    840.2 KB · Views: 8
  • CIMG0026.jpg
    CIMG0026.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG0025.jpg
    CIMG0025.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 7

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The house movers that moved my home a few years ago had a simple 180* set up that you might be able to do after a fashion. One of their trucks had a short boom and they put about a 5 inch snatch block on one of the hitch hole and ran the cable from the boom down through the block and off it went to the side.

While your fabricating put a small receiver boom(about a foot or so long) above the winch that is removable and use a block off of your receiver hitch down below. That should give you a 180* pull. Just a thought. Good luck with your project.

This is what i have working for me now, and the problem is with all the pull coming from one direction there is alot of strain on the receiver etc. I want to build it so it has my needed drop hitch plus my pulley system on top and i can just pull the pins and take it off when i dont need to use it.

I would have thought that i could find more places to buy this type of thing with as many wreckers and tow trucks there is out there but its looking as if im going to need to build my entire setup from near scratch.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On another note, im looking for 12vdc air solenoid valves that can work with my air suspension setup.

What i need is a valve that can pressurize the bags, hold that pressure, then dump the bags. So i would have a momentary two throw swich and when its not being pushed up or down it would hold whatever pressure is in the bags. I think they call that a normally closed center valve? Does that make sense? I want to be able to do the bags and the air dump bed from in the cab without running the air hoses etc into the cab.

I am also looking for some bigger/ taller airbag assembly's like Firestone ride rites that are self contained, that's what powers the dump bed except the throw is not long enough right now to completely get a fully extended 45 degree dump.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh the joys of logging roads and electric winches. my soldered connections for the winch leads vibrated and bounced so much that when i was checking the vitals while fueling today i noticed that it somehow had come undone? Good thing i always check under the hood, that would have sucked if i was stuck and needed it!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You can use a front mount winch to load vehicles up onto trailers as well. What I did was weld a receiver tube on the bottom of my winch bumber so if I need to I can pop a hitch ball up there and nose up to a trailer and then winch something on , then set it down on the dolly and hook up to the rear . Works great.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah definitely. Im trying to figure out what i am going to use to keep the vibration from tearing the lugs apart. I think i may have to crimp them, maybe that extreme force will keep them on there...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online