f350 rear winch bumper?

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any one ever put a rear winch bumper on there trucks? Ever made one? Have pics either way?

As i sold my duece im considering the reunel setup.

What is your experience with the rear winch bumpers from anyone or the one you made?

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i know they make them, im about 6 miles from trail ready here in town, but they arent interested in making a rear winch bumper!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Do you use a rear winch that much? Just bolt on on to a slug and put it in the hitch when you need it

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most of the time because of the extreme noise of the powerstroke i prefer to winch from the rear so i can hear and see my signal man, that and if i want to winch a truck up onto a trailer i can.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
well if he wants to winch something ONTO a trailer which would be in the hitch the winch could not be in the hitch. i think ur best bet is if u or a buddy can faricate is to make your own.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if he wants to winch something ONTO a trailer which would be in the hitch the winch could not be in the hitch. i think ur best bet is if u or a buddy can faricate is to make your own.

Thats exactly it. I have this really neat tool that hooks into the dual outlet super hitch assembly that has two pulleys one at top and one at bottom in l shape that allows me to winch things up on the trailer etc and not be dragging the winch line etc on the deck of the trailer etc etc

So this combined with the first statement wants me to have a permanent winch bumper in the back

Muleskinner

HATES BIODIESEL
Reaction score
I have made several front/rear winch bumpers over the years(I was building "Ranchhand" style front and rear bumpers many years before there WAS such a company).

Usually when you get stuck, you get stuck while going forward and it's best to retreat and live to fight another day(take if from a guy that spent YEARS in the WY/MT back country contracting for the BLM and others in VERY remote locations and extreme weather conditions).....so a rear mounted winch always made more sense to me(I usually have one on both ends,but if I only have one, it's on the rear),plus I buy and sell a lot of old trucks/tractors and it's the berries to be able load a dead rig onto your gooseneck trailer too.

I like flatbeds (99% of my trucks throughout the years have had steel flatbeds on them if I kept them very long)and they are MUCH better(or easier) for mounting a rear winch ,but if your bed is stock, you can still fab mounts up above your reese style hitch,put a roller fairlead on it and go to town......you can get an old spring license plate mount off of any old GM car(covered the filler neck),tack it on your rear bumper in front of the fairlead or run a headache rack and mount your rear tag there.Make sure and brace your stock bumper up if you use it to mount the fairlead on.

You are only limited by your imagination.;Sweet

USE GOOD WIRE AND DO NOT SCRIMP ON RELAYS OR ANYTHING ELECTRICAL IN THIS SETUP or you will be sorely disappointed and may end up on the hoof and walking out anyway.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
would there be a market for one of these? I know most companies dropped the older trucks off their product lists and its one area I'm looking at getting into is the 80-96 F-series trucks

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think reunel is the only ones making rears still, especially rear winchers(at least the only ones worth the money)

a rear hydraulic mile marker is the cake.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got her almost done

well i finally said screw it and made one myself

so guys as some of you know i am working on a rear hitch setup, since i successfully installed my hidden winch. Well what i want to do is mount a hitch with something like this built into it so the winch in-line so it can swivel about each direction and drag or pull something in 180 degrees of the bumper. here is the particular thing im talking about FX Skidding Winch Features - Snatchblock Pulley System - Wallenstein
http://embmfg.com/Forestry/Winches/Pulley-System.aspx

http://embmfg.com/images/products/winches/FX90_Studio_Shot_Large.jpg

http://embmfg.com/pdf/EMB-Winch-Brochure.pdf

That snatch block pulley system is basically what i want to do plus have my receiver mount to hook up a trailer to. Any one know where to buy something like this or have any ideas? I can build everything else except i need to no where to buy the block and pulley?

My winch is hidden behind the bumper and the fair lead is mount right about the receiver mount. I want to be able use the winch and receiver hitch at the same time.

Hope this makes sense...Thanks

ps, because i know i will get asked it is blasted and powder coated..

Attachments

• CIMG0011.jpg
    CIMG0011.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 21
  • CIMG0001.jpg
    CIMG0001.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 14
  • CIMG0009.jpg
    CIMG0009.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 8
  • CIMG0005.jpg
    CIMG0005.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 12

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
You could make a removable winch mount in the bed of your truck. It would probably be easier if you already had a 5th wheel plate in it since those are damn strong. Just make it removable from that or somethin?

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
re

yeah the pulley block mount/towing receiver would have to hold the weight plus another good deal for the stress of the angles. Im ging to try and draw up some plans of what i need. Essentially what i want to be able to do is have the trailer reciever hook up so i can have the trailer or what ever im pulling hooked up, and then have the pulley system slightly above that so i can pull what ever i want up on to the trailer for example, or if i have the trailer unhooked pull something at any angle(within limits of course) to the truck putting less strain on the winch etc. I got the bumper etc all done and installed this weekend.

Attachments

• CIMG0028.jpg
    CIMG0028.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 12
  • CIMG0024.jpg
    CIMG0024.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 10