Exhaust size ?'s

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have to put on new exhaust in the Gasser Bronco ASAP; that being said I want to only have to get one exhaust built if possible. I am not worried about loss or gain with the Gasser.

Here is my dilemma,cookoo I can get a custom 3" exhaust built for my truck with no problems, exits side of body like the pictures shown. It can later be connected to diesel engines downpipe.

I can't find a 4" setup that would fit my Bronco unless, I have it completely hand fabbed from a kit for say an F250 or something which = Cut Join re weld cut join re weld until it fits if at all. (again) It can later be connected to diesel engines downpipe.

My main use is light load, Hi way, and low speed off road. with some occasional towing. No different than my current gasser use.

1) How much difference for my truck once diesel is in, will the 3" be compared to a 4" system?

2) Will that 3" Pipe be a better system in general to get the turbo spooled up quicker?

3) Is there a catalytic converter on the stock Turbo IDI exhaust? If so I would like to keep it as I am a believer of working to keep things smog legal.

Remember this truck is short compared to the Normal length of pipe yall got to run through.

Any suggestions welcomed:D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• exhaust_004.jpg
    exhaust_004.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 2
  • exhaust_005.jpg
    exhaust_005.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2
  • exhaust_006.jpg
    exhaust_006.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 3
  • exhaust_007.jpg
    exhaust_007.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 2

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have true 3" mandrel bent on mine, but I am not turbo. At any rate, I think it would be fine, especially since you and I are in the same boat, short run. I have a 4" crossbox and dual 3 inch stacks, so I only have about 5 feet of pipe, including the muffler, between the 3 inch Autojet y-pipe and my crossbox where it really opens up. Sounds great, egt's are 200-300 degrees less than the 2 inch true duals. I love it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt the performance gains would be measureable. The muffler more than anything would be the biggest contributor to how the system works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online