Exhaust out of hood?

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
Is it possible without to much hassle? Has anyone done it?

My exhaust broke and I always liked the look of pulling trucks having the exhaust come out the hood. So I was thinking I could just run the exhaust out of the hood about 4 inches and put a flapper on top.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Easiest way I see is to maybe get the crossover and up pipe from a are turbo kit if you can find on and run it up and then run a bigger pipe just smaller the the stack up to the bottom of the hood and have your hood stack mounted permanently on the hood and you can just open it and not have to remove it. Now you might be able to have an exhaust shop build you somethin but that's how I would do it

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hood Stack!!!

May or may not be legal in your area so check before you cut a hole.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Plenty loud when there's a turbo. I can't even imagine a n/a idi with a hood stack. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will for sure, if you do the hood exhaust.

Dave

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Do a google search for pulling headers. I once had a site saved that did them. Schofield (sp?) maybe?

I second the checking your local laws, but being in NC there's not much on it, I'm sure. Biggest concern is smoking yourself out on the 40!

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me thinks that you will get very tired of that type of exhaust system. It will be extremely loud not to mention illegal in most cases. There's a reason why you only see that when you go to the pulls.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its a really bad idea. I would not like the obstruction to your view and fumes especially at idle would be a serious concern.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh hell, your girlfriend/wife will just love that. Just do it, but go to a JY and find an extra hood just in case. :rolleyes: :rotflmao

Just in case you don't know, some pulling tracks require it, keeps the sled operator from being overcome from the exhaust.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That sounds like it had a muffler and.. Looks like a huge exhaust leak under the passenger wheel area. See the smoke blowing out when he revs up the engine. Nope.. I'm not liking the look of this either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7