every thing new still hard to start

fobrnno

Reaction score
i have a 94 e350 van non tubro
replaced 8 glow plugs and new controller and it still won't start with out a shot of either.
i have 12v on the battery side of the relay and when its clicking i'm getting no more then 1.2 volts on the glow plug side of the relay where the g.p. wires connect to.is there some thing i'm missing, i shouldn't need to give it a shot of either to get it started.

thanks for any help in advance.
james.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What voltage are you getting on the battery side of the gp relay when the glowplugs are activated? If it's still around 1.2v, then put your meter on the solenoid on the fender where the glowplug feed wires originate. Then cycle the glowplug relay again and read the voltage. If you get a higher voltage there, then I would suspect the plug in the wiring harness between the solenoid connection and the gp relay connection is bad.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Measure the voltage across the main lugs of the glow plug relay when it is energized. If you get more than .5 volts (less than 1 volt that is) or so your contactor is bad.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Had the same problem when i got my truck it got power to the seloniod but no power to the plugs, changed the selonoid and got all the power you ever needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online