Every glow plug dead?

NW_Iron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a cherry picker and tools, that's about it. I have an 85' F250 chassis, there space but things are always easier in the driveway. I'm still looking into whats involved. I don't think I'll be able to stud the motor right now, I still have to do rear brake job and axle seals too.

Whats the word on re-using the head bolts? This motor has 50k on it and is a reman.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta ask...*** ...is that white spuzz on the glow plugs...and why? It looks alot like permatex liquid thread sealant for pipe plugs. You want a hi end antisieze not thread sealant....utilize the correct product fod the application.

Sorry to hear gp tip going a ratta tat tat on top of your piston.

It will sound like that till it stops sounding like that it likely has done what its going to do so no rush to fix...

Best to remove engine...and since you are planning on pullin 1 head...but need gaskets pull both...

JM7.3CW

NW_Iron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went camping after all and didn't take the truck.

That white stuff is from work. We use it on our high temp processes, it's an anti-seize/sealant (huskey fg-1800) and what I had on hand. I grabbed some permatex nickel anti-seize for the job.

I'd there any risk of cracking the head by driving around like that? I want to get it fixed asap and hope it's not going to needed machine work.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you turbo/plan on turbo?

if so, studs are an awesome piece of mind. Yes mine were 480$ that was a big chunk of coin for "some bolts" but man, I never, NEVER worry about my engine. I just lay right into it, 20+ pounds boost and let it eat.

NW_Iron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do plan to turbo it but not for a while and $500 isn't in the budget right now. It sucks that I'll end up pulling the motor twice in a year but it's not all that bad in the long run.

Chances are that when I turbo it I'll need the motor out for a while anyways. I'm leaning towards a parallel layout, I haven't decided between log or tube headers yet. This is 6-9 months down the road at best.