Every get that gut feeling?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Just yesterday the c-6 was acting weird, making noise at a stop in gear, pulled the stick and it was only touching the tip. :puke: Added 3/4 qt to get me to the store and buy 2 more. I use alot of type f for my PS (it leaks) on the drive home it did ok but clunked a couple of times? everything looked good this morning so started it up and let it warm, drive to get a biscuit and 2/10ths from the house just getting up to 35 I heard a clip and whirr? and it died not engine at all?:eek: how can I hear when the IP lets loose? It's like I just know it has died?:puke::puke::puke::puke:

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
today was a crazy day so I did not try anything yet. I'm going to get up early and check the easy stuff first, ie... fuel pump, filters, fuel in tank, fuel at the injectors,.... am i missing anything? then what is the best way to test the IP?:confused:

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
That is what I was thinking, the last time the IP went it's like I just knew it. I've alwasy been very observant when it comes to mechinal sounds...good bad or ugly....:backoff

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kill two birds with one stone. Take the top cover off the IP, and crank the engine. You'll need to be looking down beneath the throttle arm shaft, into the hole that is down there. A bright light will help. As long as you see something moving in there, your shaft hasn't snapped. IF your problem is the solenoid in the top cover, it's gonna start! Use your finger on the govenor linkage (that thing running along the inside left with a spring on it) to shut it down. Disconnect your fan belt, or wear a rain coat. LOL As always, know how to put the cover back on correctly.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I guess i could do that but I have everything ready to swap IP's so I may just swap them and the see what it looks like off and on the bench? I just can't seem to get time to work on it. Had a root canal done at 3 today then had to go to our church and trouble shoot why the 2" submersible well was not pumping. so with those, and an busy 8hr day of IT stuff, and customer complaints I'm wore out.........:puke: