Ever had a Mouse take out your clutch,,?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
So were working on Droopy the plow truck, (88 F250 reg cab 4x4 5 speed 5.0) I knew that it had a weak clutch when I got it but have been milking it along till now. We decided to get it replaced as we may have some serous snow coming in the next week or so.

The truck is a one owner truck and had been sitting for quite a while before I bought it, because of a fuel system issue.

Apparently since it had been sitting, an mouse built a nest in the clutch area, and all of the stuffing from the nest became lodged between the clutch and flex plate while driving it. Thus allowing the clutch to slip.

Here are some pics, There is also a pic of the nest that we dug out of the clutch, pretty wierd hu,....?

Attachments

• SV500001.JPG
    SV500001.JPG
    403.4 KB · Views: 48
  • SV500002.JPG
    SV500002.JPG
    424.6 KB · Views: 23
  • SV500004.JPG
    SV500004.JPG
    402 KB · Views: 26
  • SV500012.JPG
    SV500012.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 40

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
:eek:
Holy smokes Darrin that kinda up'ed the proverbial frog in a blender.LOL
Man you better get Droopy back together and hope one of them bouncy balls don't get lodged in there after an attack.:rotflmao

Oh look out the window IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!:puke:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao I ain't never.......Clutch disk and pressure plate still look good in the pics, were you able to reuse it after cleaning it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Haunta virus...... I wonder how dizzy it made the whole family before they became friction material......:D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haunta virus...... I wonder how dizzy it made the whole family before they became friction material......:D

:rotflmao ;Sweet We have any engineers that can figure out how many G's they were pulling at 800 RPM and 3000 RPM:eek: Bet those are insane numbers

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I'm guessing it looks something like this
You must be registered for see images
:rotflmao :rotflmao

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Haunta virus...... I wonder how dizzy it made the whole family before they became friction material......

:rotflmao LOL :rotflmao

You guys are great, I knew you would get a kick out of this!. :D

Clutch disk and pressure plate still look good in the pics, were you able to reuse it after cleaning it.

The pressure plate was had blue spots where it had been overheated, so we decided that if we were gong through all labor, it was getting new hardware.,.It's only money,..:rolleyes:

But we got it back together, (took pulling the trans 3 times thanks to a stray bolt in the brand new clutch) along with the clutch we did front add-a-leafs, upper intake gasket, installed an extra battery in the bed for the plow, and new mirrors. Now I just need a better back up light and it is ready to plow!

I used to like Winter untill I owned a car lot,....cookoo :rolleyes:

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I have an older case tractor -it has a 1in drip hole under the fly wheel when I picked it up in MA. after setting 3 years ,upon starting it mice came flying outof the hole.Hmm ever see red mice? Red flying mice.
2000 rpm x 3.1414 = brown mice X distance traveled -sudden stop = red mice. As Bill Sees it

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao ;Sweet We have any engineers that can figure out how many G's they were pulling at 800 RPM and 3000 RPM:eek: Bet those are insane numbers

if the mouse was 5" away from the center...
approx 200lbs force at 800rpm
and 2800lbs at 3000rpm :puke: :puke:

SKimballC

Reaction score
Oh Meester Bill, you had to go and stir up memories of a traumatic childhood experience, except it was a cat that came flyin out from underneath the car when my dad fired it up to take us to school. Stupid cat. Course dad just yelled, "Turn around!" as us young'erns stared in horror out the rear window at the flopping cat. He's a real sentimental dude.
I lived and worked way up in the Smokey Mountains for a little bit, and we'd come down from the mountain once a month or so, and an underhood mouse check was necessary every time. Little ******** ruined one guys VW by building a nest in the intake, so when he fired it up it sucked the mousehouse in and tore it all to hell.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
While not a mouse story. Last weekend after a fresh snow, one of my dogs got ahold of a very large jack rabbit and decided to tear it apart right outside the back door in the fresh snow. My wife couldn't believe that a rabbit had that much blood.LOL

Tom

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While not a mouse story. Last weekend after a fresh snow, one of my dogs got ahold of a very large jack rabbit and decided to tear it apart right outside the back door in the fresh snow. My wife couldn't believe that a rabbit had that much blood.LOL

Tom
got a better one.
I had this rather large longhair persian cat that took on most small animals in the neighborhood. He brought home a skunk one afternoon. dragged it through the house right to my room door....stink...blood...and everything else you can visualize with a dead skunk.
my mom had a meltdown.:eek:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
got a better one.
I had this rather large longhair persian cat that took on most small animals in the neighborhood. He brought home a skunk one afternoon. dragged it through the house right to my room door....stink...blood...and everything else you can visualize with a dead skunk.
my mom had a meltdown.:eek:

:rotflmao
You win. That one takes the cake. I probably would have shot the dog (cat) for that.

My dogs love skunks too, but they won't kill them. Just keep 'em cornered til I get home from work in the morning so I can shoot it. Just what I love to do before breakfast.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online