Enterprise update

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,I got the E to the mechanic today ******* and kicking and screaming and clawing ever inch of the way.Made it 2 miles and she died.....right in the middle of the Ghetto(between where the mexican and Crack part of town join).Got her fired up(THANK YOU) and made it about another 1/2 mile.....made it about 1000 feet this time......next time she made it about a 1/2 mile.....the next 2 times about 1000 feet again.......then the last 3 times she made it about 300 feet each time till I finally said to heck with it and called the big red ******.Think that itty bitty fuel pump is on the way out cause it acted like it was running outta fuel but if I let it sit pumping with the engine off it would crank back up.On top of that,the fuel has been in there for over a year so I am sure it is pretty much useless and I betcha it has funkies growing in it(it was a brown color at the fuel filter).....then on top of all this,there is only like 8 gallons showing on the dip stick(about an 1 1/2 inch) in the big tank.oh well.Soon as Whitehorse gets that other truck to the shop they can start ripping apart trucks.But I have changed my stance on turbos!I am hands down BANKS after watching the boost gauge.That thing brings on the boost MUCH faster than my ATS ever dreamed.Even when it wasn't getting proper fuel.0-12PSI faster than you can say OH CRAP.Waste gate works great too.would hit 12 and stop dead in it's tracks.Might have to ditch the Factory ATS and go with a Bank!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
If you were running off the big tank and only had 1.5 inches on the highly technical fuel gauge (stick) then trust me the fuel slosh was killing ya... Been down that road many many times... She needs to have at least 5 inches in her to not suck air because as soon as you get a little forward movement the fuel will rock to the rear and you're sucking air my man. The baffles in the tank run at an angle from front to rear not side to side (I didn't build it - came that way). So you needed to swtich tanks and I bet that would have taken care of your problem - now for the nasty fuel... that can't help either...

The little fuel pump works wonders - heck as long as the injection pump is still in as good shape as it was when she shipped out of here it would run with NO FUEL PUMP at all - just when you stabbed the go pedal it would stumble a little but the pump is/was new enough that trust me it could pull the fuel from the tanks (done that before)...

Me thinks the problem was just you RAN OUT OF FUEL! :rotflmao

I've ran out of fuel a lot in the big tank then when I would stick her it would show around 2-3 inches on the stick when I was sitting at the fuel pump island.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Oh and for the comment on the ghetto... she was probably feeling home sick and wanted to hang out for a while... because I always affectionally called the apt complex across the street as "The Hood"... - Yes we heard gun shots one night... But they have cleaned it up since so my entertainment value of the house location has gone done to zero now... Basically they just evicted all the unsavory types..

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Well,I would have flipped over to a stock tank but I never got the wiring figured out for the FSV.Plus I didn't dip the tank till I got to the Police station(was gonna have a VIN verification while I was out and about to get the title but they didn't have the forms).What ticks me off is She died infront of the overpriced green goo pumps.Gonna have to take my 25 gallon barrel and fill it up before I go out and pick her back up.Once we get her running safely I am gonna go nuts with the cutters and redo all the aftermarket wiring.I'm **** about wiring.I like it neat,orderly,somewhat color coded,and invisable!Usually I don't get the last one but I shoot for it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of wiring, have you ever got a truck or car or whatever that someone has added here and there to "fix" things, then tore out all the crap fixed a couple small things and the whole vehicle worked fine, some people should not play with tools. LOL

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
argve said:
If you wire the way I do then you get to spend hours chasing wires LOL It makes it more fun ;p LOL

Hey me too. I like for the electrons to have a challenge... :D

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Electrons are your friend!They keep teh FSS open......Now if you wanted to really challenge the electrons,get a PSD.....all those twist and turns and valves(switches and chips) and other doodads that I don't want to think about.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
I'll be bringing more than pictures billy!I might not be bringing a 500 HP ground pounding monster I was planning on but The evil Enterprise will be there!!!!!!That is if I don't blow up this 6.9 before July.hmmmm,Maybe with all the parts I am getting from Bill,the engine From Atlanta(if the guy will ever Email me back) I might be able to Cobble another engine together if I do blow it......But lets not plan on doing that....

82fordtruck

Reaction score
typ4 said:
Speaking of wiring, have you ever got a truck or car or whatever that someone has added here and there to "fix" things, then tore out all the crap fixed a couple small things and the whole vehicle worked fine, some people should not play with tools. LOL

I just won't buy things that people have fixed. I'd rather buy something where stuff doesn't work than something that someone else screwed with.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having been in business as a mechanic I have repaired some of these vehicles, I have never bought one, the problem is when you point out all the wiring issues on a vehicle to buy the last one the guy said "aw just haul it off " it'll never start. 2 new batteries, 1 small shot of ether after bleeding fuel system with electric pump and a can of fuel and we drove it home, he was pissed. BTW cops dont like 5 gallon cans duct taped to the hood :rotflmao