Engine swap

Diesel noob

Reaction score
So last March I bought my dream truck a 92 f350 7.3l dually. The engine ran great and the red interior was immaculate, but the body was horrible. So surfing the Facebook marketplace I come across a listing for a roller, 91 f350 dually. 800 dollars and a handshake later and I’m the proud 4th owner of a Florida truck with 130xxx that far exceeded my expectations. Seeing how much better shape the roller is in I’ve decided to put my motor and trans into the new truck they were both a 7.3l idi the trans I have is manual and new truck was auto. Both rwd both cclb. I’m looking for a list of everything I need to buy to make this swap as smooth and painless as possible. Any input helps and tips and tricks are much appreciated as well.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have both donor trucks, both the same body style, you shouldn't need much else. Everything should swap over.

Sounds easy, right???? LOL LOL

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, to swap the driveline over your best bet is to take the engine harness, driveshafts, steering columns, trans mounts, trans tunnel covers, cluster, pedal clusters and just swap them between the trucks. That will give you the most complete comversion, but since you have a complete donor you shouldn’t have much to worry about, except for the “while I’m here” rabbit hole we all get into

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle