engine swap input please

93 f350cc 7.3 na

Reaction score
Well after much parts swaping my friend and I have determined that his 6.9 has a major valve problem. We are going to swap it for my spare 7.3. We would like to know anyones tricks, recommendations, or two cents in performing this task. Plan on using a front end loader on a tractor for engine removal and installation. 83 f250 6.9(junk lol) 4 speed and donor 92 f250 7.3 e40d(junk as well), both are two wheel drive. Dont care what happens to the 92 because afterwards its getting sent to the scrapyard. (What might we need to save form 92 before its gone?)
Thanks in advance

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
sell all the good parts on ebay or something make a little moeny off the 2 trucks im shure someone would by something

sassyrel

Reaction score
and 93 f350----list your location in your avatar--unless you have some serious enemys!!!!!!! someone might be close to help you or such!!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Make sure ya got a good heavy enough loader to be dropping the good motor back in there. Them things weigh in at a mere 1000 pounds. A jerky hydraulic system is gonna make it fun otherwise.

Glow plug system would be worth saving in case you swap out the 6.9 sytem for the 7.3.;Sweet

93 f350cc 7.3 na

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments so far.

I am keeping the "junk" e40d and tc (came out of the 1 ton when it went man down, 3/4 trans came through)

I'm trying to help get my friends truck up and running so thats why I'm giving him my spare 7.3 and scraping the rest of the truck after removing every part we think we might need or want.

No enemys (I think). We live in Evansville, IN.

As for the tractor, thats why we are using it and not some junk cherry picker. Thanks for the advice about the loader, didn't think of that. Might use some sort of pully system off of it?

Last, name what parts you want, might have it might not but the price we be next to nothing. Maybe just shipping?

Thanks again

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the doors good? Could always use a dent/rust free set of doors. Plus I'm about 45 minutes south of you guys.

How about the bed and tail gate??? good shape......rust?

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online