Engine Running Cold

Chip

Reaction score
I just replaced my dead PMD with the new “improved” model with a number 9 resister. The old PMD also had a number 9 resister and had been relocated to behind the front grill on a radiator support. I don’t understand why it still died, as it was new when relocated one year ago. Anyway, the problem is that the engine is now running at a much colder level than it had been. Yesterday on a 45 minute run at highway speeds, the thermostat was registering 165 degrees. I know it was not an instrument error because the heater was blowing luke warm air instead of hot air. Even while driving in the city, the temp stayed at 165 degrees. Outside temp was around 30 degrees, but this had not affected the engine temp prior to the PMD dying. The truck did sit for about two weeks before I switched out the PMD’s. Any ideas as to what would cause this, and is it OK to drive like this until it gets fixed?

Thank you,

Chip

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
No idea about your PMD but here in Florida even with cool temperatures, I've still got to partially cover the radiator with cardboard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel