Emission Test Results

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the truck for an E Test today and it passed. Anyone that wants to give their 2 cents on what the results show is appreciated.

Truck has 200K miles on it and will only have to pass one more time next year and then will become exempt from further tests with Collector Plates on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A smoke test isn't very indicative of anything... now if it were a true sniffer test with CO2, O2, Hydrocarbons, etc readout that may have been more useful.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its easy here where we are also. I just turn the fuel down and run em in and crank em back up when its done.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No cali inspections... Yet but I know its coming and it will be a tuff one too.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well good for you. At least your not a black belching smoker like some I've seen. A turbo sure helps with that.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Results seem to indicate darker smoke as the engine works harder? ;p

The only reason I gott my truck is to avoid emissions testing so I can get government out of at least one small part of my life so it was either a 60s gas truck or an 80s diesel truck, and as much as I love the early trucks I don't want to go back to a regular cab for a daily driver.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am surprised the test is pretty easy here as the one for gassers is pretty strict. Test cost for diesels averages $60 but is set at $25 for gas and you have to go to a specific test station...diesels are still privatized.

At start up with a cold motor I am getting a gray/slight blue smoke until I drive away, then it's gone. Not sure if the hotter temps are giving a more complete burn or ?

When I hammer the pedal I do get a light black haze sometimes but you have to look pretty close for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726