Emblem removal?

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
What should I use to get the sticky crap off after I pull these off:dunno
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm shore there's some 3M product I can use I just don't know what.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
There is stuff called Goo gone you can use, or WD-40 if your cheap. You know there are going to be some holes underneath those emblems right? I have no idea why they put holes in there since the emblems are held on with tape.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
laugh at me if you want but it's cheap and works, but try some axe body spray on a rag or kleenex

also works good for removing permanent marker from cd's you get at garage sales

1994IDI

Reaction score
laugh at me if you want but it's cheap and works, but try some axe body spray on a rag or kleenex

also works good for removing permanent marker from cd's you get at garage sales

How did you come to try axe?

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
How did you come to try axe?

well, simply put, got into a "marker war" a few years back with a friend at work with sharpies, had it all over my arms, was using the stuff at the time, and when I sprayed it on it made the marker run all over my shirt

tried it and it works wonders, so even though I don't use it anymore for "stink pretty", I keep a can around for this sort of thing

to prove it to people I let them color the lenses of my glasses with a permanent marker and then I'll spray the stuff on it and wipe it off with a kleenex

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
The reason that Axe works for something like that is because it like most all fragrances is based or built upon alcohol. Been using alcohol for years in manufacturing for cleaning stuff like that up, and yes rubbing alcohol will make perm markers become temp markers...

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
The 3M stuff you're talking about is called Adhesive Remover. I've used it before but with the foam tape stuff they use on the emblems on our trucks I've had to use paint thinner to clean it up before as well. Try not to use thinner unless you absolutely have to.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use a piece of fishing line behind the emblem like a saw to "cut" the adhesive. It makes it much easier to get them off without using anything to pry it off that might dig/chip/dent your fender.

Another vote for the "GOO GONE." You can find it everywhere and it works very well.

Heath

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason that Axe works for something like that is because it like most all fragrances is based or built upon alcohol. Been using alcohol for years in manufacturing for cleaning stuff like that up, and yes rubbing alcohol will make perm markers become temp markers...

Along those same lines, as a young sailor in boot camp, the white rubber tips on IIRC the bed legs would always get scuffed up by shoes/boots. Our CC had us clean them with spray Gillette deodorant. Worked like a charm! Man, that's been a LONG time ago..........

DragRag

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried and eraser wheel. I use one when I pull off body side molding and all the double stick stays on the truck. It a PITA to get it all off even with goo gone, which is great stuff. For small jobs goo gone is great. For large jobs get an eraser wheel, it is a god send. It goes on a drill, and erases it off like magic. I get them at the body shop supply house here local. Don't forget to get the adapter piece that goes in the end of the drill. They are about $20.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I found it cool that a dry erase marker would remove permanent marker. When I worked at Micron, the engineers were always writing notes on our metal carts with sharpies. All we had to do was scribble over it with a dry erase and everything came off.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you already got it but Goo Gone is awesome stuff!!

As to the holes....there are pins on the back of the emblems....these pins obviously go into the "alignment holes" so they go on nice and straight! ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online