eliminating lift pump!!!!

Tinman875

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am in need of a lift pump agian!! only 20k in between pumps, and now outa warranty. I found a pump that does 10-15 psi, and want to know what i need to do to eliminate my lp. I know i need a block off plate (where to get one) and what do i do with the wiring in the bottom? Thanks, Jason

P.s. if anyone in the boise,ID area needs some tig welding done, I fianally broke down and bought a nice machine....... ;Sweet

Whit

Reaction score
Tinman, Do yourself a favor and go with the FASS, you wont be sorry, I have the FASS II and use my OEM filter, the kit comes with everything you will need and most any supplier can get you one......do it baby and forget bout the oem crap LP. :draw , dont mess with anything else and just do it. I think the RASP is good too but a touch spendy

MUDDY

Reaction score
jason,

go to napa and get the carter 4601hp. stick on frame

harold done lots and lots of these and cld give ya some vice

MUDDY

Reaction score
160 bucks. just need to lengthen wires from orig lp back to where u mount 4601 on the frame

94matt

Reaction score
WARNING!

The Carter 4601 cost me roughly $1000 when it stranded me 200 miles from home, only two months after I bought it. They are just as useless as the stock lp.

Do like Whitmore said, just go with the Fass and be done with it.

Matt

MUDDY

Reaction score
well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anythng can go (.)(.) up. as i stated we did many here in this area and only one had problems and it was a week old. its replacmnt lasted for ages and is still got good prssr.

fact is tho that harold, myself, and several others do carry a spare 4601 under back seat just in case as be wise w/ any elec lp. at 160 bucks it cheap enuff to do so, unlike the 500 buck fass

94matt

Reaction score
Another heads up, if you decide to go for the Carter 4601, Summit carries them for just under $100. I am surely biased against that pump after my episode and wished I would have spent the $385 for the Fass 2 the first time.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Matt

dieselminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy the Carter pump in kit form for your truck that includes a relay , LP connection , HJose and fittings for $165 .... this will make your pusher only run when your LP is running

Avalible at EEP

I have 20,000 miles on mine and a total of 50,000 miles on my stock lift pump and im running 15-18 psi

DM

bigbrowngoat

COWBOYED UP
Reaction score
dieselminded said:
You can buy the Carter pump in kit form for your truck that includes a relay , LP connection , HJose and fittings for $165 .... this will make your pusher only run when your LP is running

Avalible at EEP

WHO OR WHAT IS EEP and do they have a web site?

Hohn

Reaction score
EEP is enterprise engine performance-- big truck puller types out of Ohio. For a while, their white Dodge was supposedly the HP king.

www.enterpriseengine.com

Oh, and I'll disagree with the FASS recommendations. Yes, we all want a reliable setup. The FASS hasn't proven to be it, though. PLenty of reports of having to use hammers to get them to spin over and other such problems.

The FASS 2 is just an electric pump minus the filtration setup. For that money, though, I'd go with an Aeromotive pump and bypass regulator. More flow, better pressure management (can you say 14psi-- ALWAYS?), and probably even more reliable.

There's more than one way to skin the LP cat, and the FASS isn't the cure-all that some believe it to be.

Sorry Kev-- not sold on it yet.
jmo

Whit

Reaction score
Its OK Justin everyone is entitled to his own oppinion and you are right it is still just an electric pump so that may have problems as well. So far I like mine and have had no problems, I know it weighs like 4 times that of the OEM pump and does have solid construction. I think the RASP is the best solution out there to date but it is spendy and plumbing could be tough too.

Hohn

Reaction score
No joke. RASP is spendy and plumbing is a nightmare. I think if they eliminated the failsafe feature where it automatically goes back to stock LP in case of failure, then the plumbing (and cost) would be MUCH less.

I've seen RASPs in person (laserbob put one in when I was visiting) and it's VERY high-end, so at least you get something for all that money.

I'll probably try to blaze my own trail on this, and end up spending more than a FASS or RASP would be! That's just my way-- that hard/expensive way!

94matt

Reaction score
Hohn said:
I'll probably try to blaze my own trail on this, and end up spending more than a FASS or RASP would be! That's just my way-- that hard/expensive way!

Be careful Justin, That's what wound up costing me a lot of dough. You might ought to try the Fass 2 before you condemn it, it's way more pump than the alternatives. I really feel that most of the problems that have happened with the Fass setups have been flukes or installer error.
But like I said, after having to spend the night in Douglas, I'm a little biased.

I have no concerns about the Fass 2, but I do now carry a spare stock lp with appropriate fittings and wiring just in case. I like to think it's to help someone else stranded on the side of the interstate ( :puke: nobody stopped to help me :puke: ) but it's nice to Know it's under the seat just in case now.

Matt

Hohn

Reaction score
Actually, I think that I can do a complete Aeromotive system for about the same cost as a FASS, only have something with more stable fuel delivery, a more reliable pump, and better FP stability.

With my aeromotive setup, you would have 3-15psi (depending on regulator setting) ALL THE TIME-- no variance at all! Since it can flow 600lb/hr or so (at 45psi, even!), volume will not be an issue (it flows even more at lower pressure).

Check out aeromotive pump #11108 and regulator #13207

www.aeromotiveinc.com

h

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7