Electric pump setups

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody. My facet duralift seems like it is on its last leg. I think it’s life span was severely shortened when my tank pickups disintegrated and kept clogging. I would really like to mount a pump and 1 or 2 filters back on the frame rail where the front tank was previously located. I’m super curious to see how some of you have done this, what fuel pumps you have used, and how they perform.. so if you have pictures it would be very helpful. I’m just brainstorming before I order what I need. Thank you

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holley red, mr gasket 105p or Walbro GSL392. Holley or 105p if you are planning on going with a 110 or smaller, Walbro is good for bigger pumps.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Holley red, mr gasket 105p or Walbro GSL392. Holley or 105p if you are planning on going with a 110 or smaller, Walbro is good for bigger pumps.
Have you tried the facet cube pumps? I can't recall if anyone here has tried them or not. Seen them the other day at our local B2B.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Laine, for some nice visuals go take a look at 444fab.com
For Powerstrokes but still very nice. Will actually work for IDI’s with the right regulator. If you are just running one tank even sweeter! I had one Facet Duralift, wasn’t keeping pressure up with a heavy load. I had a spare new Facet so now it has twin parallel Facets. Pressure stays up but I think I have an air entrainment problem, have a random idle miss. Would not mess with Facets if starting over.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Laine, for some nice visuals go take a look at 444fab.com
For Powerstrokes but still very nice. Will actually work for IDI’s with the right regulator. If you are just running one tank even sweeter! I had one Facet Duralift, wasn’t keeping pressure up with a heavy load. I had a spare new Facet so now it has twin parallel Facets. Pressure stays up but I think I have an air entrainment problem, have a random idle miss. Would not mess with Facets if starting over.
Thank you for the advice! I was actually taking a look at their kit, it doesn’t look too hard to just make one like it. And I’m experiencing the same issue with long pulls.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try and dig up pictures tommorow. I made mine out of 2 napa filter heads and filters. Piece of angle iron. (Mounted inside the frame rail, I had no front tank and wanted to protect from elements) 3/8 push lock line and fittings from the parker store(hydraulic supplier). A orielys fuel pump. Cant recall brand wasnt a Mr Hasket Green. Was rated at 7 psi but was old and prolly had a hard time pushing pulling through the 30 micron and pushing through the 2 micron. I took the setup off my old truck and is awaiting to go on my 94 CC turbo. Got a Holley blue and regulator on black Friday thanks to wes. Also his check valve. Will be installing soon and planning to do a write-up and/or video. Poor man's efuel. No need to spend $500+ on a fancy name brand.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted inside the frame rail to protect from frame rail and the day after I install it the driveshaft let go and hit the filters. Just dented them but took out the wiring going to the rear of the truck