Electric fuel pump

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cheapest and easiest way is to get a Ford mechanical lift pump. And then run your epump off a pushbutton for priming. This is how I set up my Facet Duralift pump since realizing the pump was my issue with timing.

The key is consistent 5 or 6 psi. If your cube pump can make the GPH requirement then a regulator is great.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t have a Duralift don’t buy one.
Is this truck going to be turbo?
What kind of power goals?
I believe there is a Walbro very similar to the Facet Duralift. No regulator needed. That has worked for some, others use a rotary vane Holley or Mr Gasket with a regulator. Need to sort this out before plumbing anything. Also move your fuel tank selector valve foreword on the frame so it isn’t behind the fuel tank. That way you can get to it on the road if there is ever an issue....
Alright, it may sound stupid but I thought the pump would regulate it as long as I had the volume, I had definitely thought about moving that selector for sure. I didn't want the duralift or one like it because I was a fraud a rock or something would bust the bowl. That's the reason I got the cube, also, I've read so many bad reviews for the Holley and Mr gasket, I kinda steered away from them. Besides the banks turbo kit, it will be stock. I'm not building anything for performance, longevity and reliability is what I'm going for.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I hadn’t had that much luck with the factory mechanical pumps over the years. That’s why I went Facet Duralift. Knowing what I know now I would not go Facet. I would go Walbro FRB-13-2. Industrial/ Marine rated with 18,000 hour projected life, good reviews I can find and 43 GPH @ 6-8 lbs self regulated. I wrote a thread about it recenty.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hadn’t had that much luck with the factory mechanical pumps over the years. That’s why I went Facet Duralift. Knowing what I know now I would not go Facet. I would go Walbro FRB-13-2. Industrial/ Marine rated with 18,000 hour projected life, good reviews I can find and 43 GPH @ 6-8 lbs self regulated. I wrote a thread about it recenty.
Well crap... I'll look at one then.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You've had multiple Ford pumps fail? Or aftermarket? The aftermarket is crap for these things which is why I ask. :D

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Disclaimer here: I have not used the Walbro I indicated I would use. By the specs and reputation it is a good fit. One member did post in my thread about the Walbro FRB-13-2 that he had been running one trouble free for so long he forgot it was there....... your mileage may vary......

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer here: I have not used the Walbro I indicated I would use. By the specs and reputation it is a good fit. One member did post in my thread about the Walbro FRB-13-2 that he had been running one trouble free for so long he forgot it was there....... your mileage may vary......
Haha, I wasn't going to hold you responsible! But I do value you guys opinions and experiences when it comes to this build

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just took mine out,fresh filters, 2full tanks, pulling a 2k empty trailer, on flat ground, I can fire the light at or before 3k going thru the gears AT SEA LEVEL... Fauwcett fails.
Holley is now proven, here's hoping we can add the walbro (or another) to the list...

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took mine out,fresh filters, 2full tanks, pulling a 2k empty trailer, on flat ground, I can fire the light at or before 3k going thru the gears AT SEA LEVEL... Fauwcett fails.
Holley is now proven, here's hoping we can add the walbro (or another) to the list...
Everything I've read about Holley didn't look good!

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm your huckleberry. The Walbro is a marine grade pump. The life cycle specs and durability are why I bought it.

One thing I did at installation is I added a hose pincher to the fuel filter return line. I pinched it down a little to slow the pump cycles down (with engine off) - figured no need to dump a lot of fuel back from there... Ran it like that for a while and then took it off so it is running stock again.

I haven't measured the pressure output but see no need to, I have lots of fuel for the Baby Moose, filter warning never comes on.

I have been meaning to get a second Walbro for my boat (Mercruiser); this way I have a spare also!

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm your huckleberry. The Walbro is a marine grade pump. The life cycle specs and durability are why I bought it.

One thing I did at installation is I added a hose pincher to the fuel filter return line. I pinched it down a little to slow the pump cycles down (with engine off) - figured no need to dump a lot of fuel back from there... Ran it like that for a while and then took it off so it is running stock again.

I haven't measured the pressure output but see no need to, I have lots of fuel for the Baby Moose, filter warning never comes on.

I have been meaning to get a second Walbro for my boat (Mercruiser); this way I have a spare also!
I wish I had found this forum before I bought that facet. But I will be getting a walbro