Electric fuel pump

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try to run my lines today and figure out my return line and bleeder situation since I'm putting the filter on the frame. Any suggestions or anything on this? Also, will the facet have trouble pulling through the filter? I was going to put the pump after the filter just for optimum ease on me and replacement. Just wondering if I would have any problems putting the filter before the pump.

gdubyah76

Reaction score
I’ve got my Facet pulling through a filter/water separator & pushing through a 2 or 3 micron filter & haven’t had a single issue yet.

gdubyah76

Reaction score
When I got my fuel system finished up every fuel line & both filters were completely dry. I kicked the key on & within 30 seconds I had diesel pumping back into the tank! Sure makes it easy on the starter when changing filters.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're determined to use the Facet you might consider putting it before the filter just cause it has it's own 50 micron servicable filter. Would help keep big stuff out of the normal filters but so in my experience I never have any big stuff to worry about so who knows. :dunno

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're determined to use the Facet you might consider putting it before the filter just cause it has it's own 50 micron servicable filter. Would help keep big stuff out of the normal filters but so in my experience I never have any big stuff to worry about so who knows. :dunno
I'm definitely not determined to use it but, I bought it before I joined this forum and didn't really know anything about them... But since I have it, I'll use it until it craps out and get a new one, probably a raptor or something? Just the square small one ones are serviceable?

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I do not have a filter between pump and tank. The Facet (s) have a clear water seperator bowl and screen so no need.
Keep in mind many of us have found the Facet won’t keep up. Since I had 2 I have them in parralell. They will pull at least 6” of vacuum on the suction side.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Oh...... disregard what I was saying that applied to the Duralift. If the cube has enough volume then you will have to control the fuel pressure with a regulator or adjustable poppet. It takes about 45 gph.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Lort. What's the easiest way to do that? Or should I just get the duralift?

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
If you don’t have a Duralift don’t buy one.
Is this truck going to be turbo?
What kind of power goals?
I believe there is a Walbro very similar to the Facet Duralift. No regulator needed. That has worked for some, others use a rotary vane Holley or Mr Gasket with a regulator. Need to sort this out before plumbing anything. Also move your fuel tank selector valve foreword on the frame so it isn’t behind the fuel tank. That way you can get to it on the road if there is ever an issue....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online