EGT temps?? am I runnin lean? what u runnin??

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to think it should be set with tools. I think since you live in OH there would be a few BOOBs close enough to help you do it right...not sure though. If not its well worth the 1/2-hr to hr of lbor at an injection shop that really uses tools to set timing... make sure they do that first though. If its by ear you can probably do just as well, but for that it helps to know what a properly timed IDI should sound like. Apparently a lot of us are running around with slightly retarded timing which is really not hurting the motor but may hurt fuel mileage and or emissions and power.

I think she's due for a full setup soon anyway...new pump/lines and injectors..I got 2 leakers that wont quit seepin...then it'll goto the shop to be timed...;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your in Zanesville. The IDI Weekend is not too far away for you. I'll be there timing trucks.

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your in Zanesville. The IDI Weekend is not too far away for you. I'll be there timing trucks.

Im assuming its in greensburo PA?

thats 3hrs..not bad...but what day?? (and I cant seem to registar on the link in your sig for mid atlantic IDI..)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Closer to Bedford I think. New Centerville PA. Still not too bad for you.