Edge juice and 04.5 dmax

midwestdually

Reaction score
ok...anyone have any experience with this on their truck? i just installed one for a buddy of mine and it only seems to smoke more...i didnt get a chance to hookup the pyro ...is the attitude monitor sensitive to the pyro being hooked up?

i mean..i adjusted the levels 1-5 at a stop and each time smoke increased but there definitely wasnt much of a "seat of the pants" feeling like my truck, my truck tries to put you back in the seat when barely touchin the pedal.

any ideas guys?

Whit

Reaction score
If it is smokin than it is getting the extra fuel, where is the air??? I know on my Cummins the edge comp box without the boost elbow will do just like you are describing.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the attutude to see whats happening... Is the boost building.... IS the slip on the tranny going way out of line...... It would be nice to see the egts.... on level 5 from a stop.. no brake.. I smoke the tires then grip, shift to second, smoke tires then grip, to to third and take off..... 4th seems to be a real good gear... Also try putting it in tow haul to lock the TC...Maybe you got a bad one????

midwestdually

Reaction score
we are plannying on doing the pyro today...as far as the boost elbow, i thought the edge box had a boost fooler in it?? the max boost we saw was 25.6...he said he was messin with it some more last nite but i still am sure it is not running how it should be....

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
I think you got a bad one! Just like ISurvieved said you should blow the tires off of it. It may be your pyro not being hooked up, try that. I would say it has one of the safeties to keep it running in specs without having the pyro to counter that! Just a guess or thier is something not right with the truck. Check your conections and see if you can tell if all pins are making contact!

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ON the lb7 there is no boost "fooler"... You get about 25 pounds of boost... I would not want much more..... It should not matter that the pyro is not hooked up... It should show your egt;s at 77.. That is where default is set....... Don't just put it in and put it on level 5... Your tranny will not have learned the extra power...... You need to work into it a little...... Give us some slip numbers on the tranny... and also check if it is backing off at all... All that can be checked real easy with the attitude...

midwestdually

Reaction score
ok...well we took it out yesterday on a couple hundred mile drive (went dirtbike riding in the dunes) and it would continue to go into limp mode (not go above 2k rpms) so we had to keep it off...i think we are going to unhook the attitude and adjust the power levels manually using the gear selector and try that way...that way we bypass all the other mumbo junmbo and can figure out if we got a bad one or not...will keep you updated

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK.... Unhooking the attitude in this situation will not help... Most likely your limp mode was caused from tranny slippage.... It ussually happens when someone put the box o thier truck, puts on level 5 and runs the **** out of it..... Bad news.... Each time you limp it, the tranny gets weaker, and easier to limp.... There are mny people on hre that can tell you from tearing their trannys apart that limping the tranny causes burn marks on the clutches.... You guys did not take a look at you tranny slip numbers, nor did you se if it was backing off.... Cause im sure it was...... Slow down... Dont hoarse 5th gear for a bit... and work your way up the levels... a hundered miles on each without wot runs..... Its better on the tranny and it gets a chance to adjust.......

midwestdually

Reaction score
we did run on 0-5 on different runs ..there was no slippage that was felt...the truck from minute one just smoked...nothing else.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will never feel slipage... Smoke and no go = Slippage..... Limp mode = Slippage

Im just tryin to be nice... Too many limps and trucky no movey

Last edited:

midwestdually

Reaction score
hmmm...ok..welll....guess i am not getting this done today as he hasnt called so...now i wait

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bossviking