Edge Evolution

spyder1100

Reaction score
Just wanted to pass this along. I had a problem with an Evolution wiping my ECM clean. Called Edge, went thru everything with tech support.Still couldn't get it back to stock, or even run. They said they would send me a tool to reflash my ECM to stock, along with a new Evolution. I got everything from Edge today to reflash my truck back to stock, along with a new Evolution. Everything worked like a charm. The canned tunes are awesome compared to stock. I can’t imagine what a chip would be like. What I would like to pass along is this. I believe the reason I had a problem is because I have a factory ACPM. When I have it plugged in, my Evolution will freeze, and the screen on the ACPM flashes an error message. I unplugged it, flashed the ECM again with the stock flashing tool from Edge. I left the ACPM unplugged and tried the Evolution again. Everything worked like a charm. I tried this again since I have the stock flashing tool, and it would freeze with the ACPM plugged in. Without it plugged in, the Evolution would work fine. Once the Evolution goes thru its thing, I can plug in the ACPM, and it will work without a glitch. I’m not sure if I’m the only one who has had this problem or not. I would like to let others know about it so they aren’t without their truck like I was. I just happen to be fortunate and have an IDI turbo to drive also.

Black dawg

Reaction score
ive seen edge programers wipe out several obs computers, only one came back after reflashing the stock program. Has any body had this happen with other programers. Ive used at least as many superchips programers with zero problems.

Southpaw37

Reaction score
The only time I've heard of the Edge wiping out a PCM is when the pogrammer comes unplugged while the programmer is talking to the truck. Even in that case, when it was the customers fault, Edge still reflashed the PCM and replaced the Evo on their dime.