Ebay IC's & some questions

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
For some that's thinking of IC to install, couple of IC's I spotted on Ebay that look just like one I got 1-2 yr ago & installed....wish I could get round to hooking it up. IIRC I'm in mine $90-100 getting it here. Mods to my rig to make it fit weren't as bad as I thought they'd be. Seemed like mine was off '99-'02 PS...several yr nearly same IIRC
Ebay IC #290173272737 now at $152.50 & 2hrs left.
Another one I made bid on.....short stab at while I make up my mind, may/maynot try hard, but I could use if I get this other '90 I'm lookin at. So if anybody wants, go for it.
Ebay IC I'm biddin on #220165147938. 3+days left. Hope the wifey don't catch me....if I can pull it off it'll be her Thanksgiving present!!!!:love:

Both of these are exactly what I mounted on mine, same dimension/measurements. & as I recall somewhere round 1000 +/-ci seems to work best for our rigs.

Question: from what I hear connecting boots need to be the "bump" design & for flex etc. & silicone???? I spotted some other day I nearly went for, then saw they were straight & maybe not slick silicone.
Anybody got source....I need to get with it & get mine hooked up.

I been waiting till I can get time my swirl bonnet for intake redisigned, or what ever it needs. I thing I gonna have to rotate my turbo pressure side upwards some.

Question:
Ebay Water to Air Intercooler for example? What about these Water to Air intercoolers I see sometimes on Ebay? This something like/or do same thing the Aftercoolers that we used to have on the bigger semi engines years ago?

Another question, I can't recall which way the general talk 1-2 yr ago leaned as to Bar & plate or Tube & Fin design. & I don't recall at the moment what each is either.

Looking round on ebay, if some 800-900ci IC would work there seem to be several that might work....not so spendy either.

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question:
Ebay Water to Air Intercooler for example? What about these Water to Air intercoolers I see sometimes on Ebay? This something like/or do same thing the Aftercoolers that we used to have on the bigger semi engines years ago?
For drag racing, you can setup a water to air cooler with ice water and get it way colder.

I had planned on this type of intercooler for my 89 turbo'd Mustang (sold), minus the ice. A heater exchanger in front, a surge tank and fill near the windshield wipers and the 12v pump mounted behind the fender between the passenger door the front tire and the intercooler mounted between the turbo and throttle body.

Although not exactly the same, there are water to air coolers for supercharger applications where a cooler is placed between the SC and the intake. Magna 4.6L

Here is a source for hump hoses TurboHose R&D, I got mine off ebay for about a bit less.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online