E4od valve body

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at replacing the valve body in my 1991 e4od and I'm not sure what form it was this one or FTE that had somebody selling valve bodies that were tweaked for Towing, the guys sign on name was
Paul "something or other" any help would be appreciated thank you.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transmission guy says the valve body is most likely bad... and I'm thinking he's right because of a few things it's doing.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The transmission guy says the valve body is most likely bad... and I'm thinking he's right because of a few things it's doing.

That doesn't say anything. You have to describe what the transmission faults are. We are here to help the best we can.

If your just looking to upgrade it for towing, then that's a different story. Then install a reprogramming kit and make changes to the pump. If you search on here, there is a detailed thread on how to do it and what parts to buy.

http://www.transgo.com/products.php?category_id=80&parent_id=30&product_id=140
http://www.transgo.com/products.php...d=138&countdisplay=2&start=0&addcountview=Yes

Here is your FTE thread.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...dzJBnAUylI7FBKM2Q&sig2=t7jUJuwnfl-IJJXRl_Ijow

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got nothing to offer...notomatic fan....however sure enjoy reading the virtues of em and pitfalls and cures too.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having problems with the torque converter not locking up and the shifter is realy mushy, something is definitely wrong with the detent or springs.
And I am looking to upgrade for towing

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I am having problems with the torque converter not locking up and the shifter is realy mushy, something is definitely wrong with the detent or springs.
And I am looking to upgrade for towing

You might want to take a look at the manual lever first. Check the detent spring and make sure the manual lever is in the correct position.

The converter not locking could be from the manual lever. Other causes. internal leaks, stuck solenoid, or lock up valve.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmission guy says the valve body would fix the detent problem and may give me better performance towing so it wouldn't hurt to kill that bird and that might fix it ... but the computer could be bad and/or/also... who does a control module for these trucks?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance