E4OD trouble questions

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
My 94 idi turbo has the E4OD in it, and once in a while it starts flashing the OD light on the shifter. It's not going into limp mode, and the trans doesn't seem to act funny. Can these pre OBDII trucks be checked by a scanner for codes?

I just got the truck, and it seems to run out pretty good and the trans shifts fairly firm, but its not consistant. Sometimes it shifts harder than others.
On the way to work this morning the OD started blinking after I had driven my 15 minute drive to work. I was slowing down on the road to turn into the drive entrance, thats when the OD light started blinking. I got to the gate, stopped, shifted into nuetral then back into drive and the light stopped blinking.:dunno

Any thoughts?

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Check all the connections on the trans to see if they're clean. May be the one on the driverside of the trans is having issues. Do a search to see which color is the latest version (black or gray?).

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Also clean the three connections found under the master cylinder. Not too many know of those connecters.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
My 94 idi turbo has the E4OD in it, and once in a while it starts flashing the OD light on the shifter. It's not going into limp mode, and the trans doesn't seem to act funny. Can these pre OBDII trucks be checked by a scanner for codes?

I just got the truck, and it seems to run out pretty good and the trans shifts fairly firm, but its not consistant. Sometimes it shifts harder than others.
On the way to work this morning the OD started blinking after I had driven my 15 minute drive to work. I was slowing down on the road to turn into the drive entrance, thats when the OD light started blinking. I got to the gate, stopped, shifted into nuetral then back into drive and the light stopped blinking.:dunno

Any thoughts?

You can get the codes scanned. Parts stores, Ford dealer.or a tranny shop can get the codes for you.

Check the FIPL. Voltage might be out of range.